Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mario 128?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

The shots look kinda fake, but my current SM64DS addiction is just making me want a proper FLUDD-free GC Mario platformer sooooooo bad...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,189 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

The shots look kinda fake, but my current SM64DS addiction is just making me want a proper FLUDD-free GC Mario platformer sooooooo bad...
    Like the "platform" stages in sunshine?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Yeah. But a whole game of it. And not just set on a tropical island. I want SM64-esque variety in the stages.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I guess, as before, nintendo will keep us hanging on the edge of our seats until the genuine preview shots appear. They are tight as a drum when it comes to sneak looks at forthcoming in-house development. A bit like the early teasers of mario with the Fludd on his back, give me a bit of Halo and put the "Flood" on his back!!
    Ha Ha!
    I'd buy that for a dollar!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

I seem to remember the name Mario 128 when the Gamecube was first released and then the next thing i heard nothing and then Mario Sunshine which is just Mario 64 with a water jet pack was released.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Reckon, perhaps, that Mario 128 was a reaction to the poor response recieved by Super Mario Sunshine.
    Could be just that, can't see what Mario 128 would add except ditch the backpack and better level design, Mario 64 with better graphics really.

Rather see a sequel to Jet Force Genimi myself, or even Diddy Kong Racing, some hope!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

CiDeRmAn wrote:
    poor response recieved by Super Mario Sunshine.
    C
    Rather see a sequel to Jet Force Genimi myself, or even Diddy Kong Racing, some hope!

Bah kids and their whinging "SSM was too hard" damn fine game imo criminally slated simply because it was too hard for most reviewers and gamers, Rare own Jet Force Gemini so thats a no no.

Ah it had a couple of flaws, not many mind you, and not deserving of the abuse hurled at it, but then Super Mario World got it too from the "fans" of Super Mario 3.
    The Rare back catalog is sorely missed on the 'Cube and judging by their output on the Xbox they miss Nintendo too.
    They are however producing titles for the Gameboy sp, so perhaps we will see some updated N64 titles for the DS? There's a thought!

Advertisement