Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Player with subtitles

• 04-03-2005 10:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,303 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    I recently got a film which has no English subtitles. No, it was not a dodgy DVD; the film was just never produced with English subtitles. I was able to get subtitles of the net, and I'm now trying to play the video with the subtitles.

So, here's the question; do any of ye know of a player that will allow be to select a different subtitle, than the one on the DVD, so that I can select the English subtitles on my hard-disk?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

If you were able to convert it to Divx or something you would then just rename the AVI and the subtitle file (assuming it's a .srt) to have the same name and open it with Media Player or VideoLAN. Use Auto Gordian Knot to do DVD ==> AVI.

I don't think there's any easy way to merge your subtitle files into the existing DVD's content without some degree of re-authoring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

BsPlayer can load a subtitle file but as for the supported formats? might be worth a shot though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,303 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

D wrote:
    BsPlayer can load a subtitle file but as for the supported formats? might be worth a shot though.
    Yeah, thanks. Works like a charm :cool:

Advertisement