Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Orals *all questions and answers in here please*

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭sarahg_angel69

no one i my school got asked bout the pope or the wedding unless we brought it in ourselves in the conversation...ill say it agen tho...we had the nicest examiner eva!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

Had my orals. Went excellent. Was so easy, he asked me everything I had prepared and a few questions for which i wasn't both those went ok too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

You might wanna learn some stuff to say about the new minimum wage.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Dinxminx

I can't speak a word of irish and I'm in honours. And when I say not a word I mean I can't put a sentence together. My teacher's insane and terrible, and I'm the only person in my H. irish class not doing grinds and I SUCK!!!

My oral's on Tuesday.

I'm f*cked.

Dinxminx calm the hell down firstly. Like you I hadn't a word a few days bfore the xam and im not exaggerating either. First step is to start learning paragraphs off of the most common things asked including, your area, your family, school, what you will do when you leave school, social problems in your area and all that. I learnt off these and wasn't asked hardly anything extra and got on fine.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Droogie

Shít... how do ya say "2004" and "1988" in Irish? :eek:

Droogie wrote:
    Shít... how do ya say "2004" and "1988" in Irish? :eek:

dhá mile is a ceathair agus mile naoi céad ochtú a ocht.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Droogie

Gabh Raibh maith agat a Kenny007... Tá tú an lifesaver :p

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Dinxminx

Thanks sci0x, I'm just the worst procrastinator in the world so that's kinda why I'm freaking out. I just can't seem to make myself learn the stuff!

Yeah im exactly like that, which is why i make out a timetable and stick to it. Otherwise I find myself doing nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 yowsaa

Our teacher told us a savage poem to remember the mo chonnillach goes a lil like dis "Hing Ha Huck" , Mo chonilloch
    fainn = hing
    fa = ha
    fadh = huck !!!!!

now does ne 1 hv ne ting on the prince charles wedding ting or terrorism im very stuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: n my orals 2mo!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Camogie Playa

hamiis
    hucks
    haidis

Ya we know that one too. Its really handy

:D OMG I got the nicest examiner today, first of all he let me choose a sliocht (5th) and then although I couldn't remember any vocab (or Irish) during the exam it was more like a conversation than an exam (I know it's meant to be that but it usually isn't). He really tried to find stuff I could talk about and helped me out, I still probably got a bad mark (my Irish sucks) cos I spoke a bit of english and french in it aswell. Still he was a great examiner!

Was anyone daring enough to enquire what mark the examiner gave them?

sci0x wrote:
    Was anyone daring enough to enquire what mark the examiner gave them?

No chance, I nearly did for the French one though. I'm guessing you didn't ask either?

Course i asked, there was no one way i was leaving the room with having some idea of how i got on. I asked how did I do and she said "grand, no more bother to you". TBH I'd be suprised if I didnt get an A2 if not an A1. I didnt make one grammatical mistake and i kept talking bout whatever she asked and didnt have any problems understanding her accent. It was more of a conversation though rather than her asking me questions and i answering

sci0x wrote:
    Course i asked, there was no one way i was leaving the room with having some idea of how i got on. I asked how did I do and she said "grand, no more bother to you". TBH I'd be suprised if I didnt get an A2 if not an A1. I didnt make one grammatical mistake and i kept talking bout whatever she asked and didnt have any problems understanding her accent. It was more of a conversation though rather than her asking me questions and i answering

Good for you! :D

Advertisement