Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Difficulty posting

Options
  • 04-03-2005 11:13pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Having difficulty posting this evening.
    Pages are timing out without a response from Boards- error "a timely response was not received from www.boards.ie" can open pages fine. Some attempts to post getting through- but totally randomly. Not sure whats happening. Pinging the site seems fine- and a tracert doesn't show any problems- so not sure whats happening.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Adressing pie directly seems to be working fine.
    Ok, I'm sad- messing about on a Friday evening......

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

I've tried different computers and a Mac here- all similar. Don't think its my connection- because everything else I've tried appears to be working fine. Time to start making nice hot whiskeys me thinks..... Not sure whether muppet is offline, or just not directly addressable- but am not able to make a direct call on it. Hmmm. Can ping and tracert it ok though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

Boards timed out today at about 4 or 5 but everything has been peachy since then

• Advertisement

Boards was working fine earlier- at the moment can post here in Feedback- but not on PI or Afterhours, and I can't save Journal entries either.
    I can for some reason post here in Feedback- for some strange reason.

I've not been banned anywhere to the best of my knowledge? If I have- do please let me know- and the reason. Strange......

Yup- back again......

HTTP 502 - Gateway timeout

The proxy server did not receive a correct response from the upstream server specified by URI or the response was not understood by proxy.

Winsock: (997) Overlapped I/O operation is in progress.
    POST http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/private.php

Does the above error shed any light?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

If any of you are behind a router, try lowering the MTU setting in the router settings - I have a Netgear614 and it was at 1500, boards responded very irregularly, and web-based email pages and some other secure sites wouldn't load at all - lower it to 1400 and everything's fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭maxheadroom

smccarrick wrote:
    Yup- back again......

HTTP 502 - Gateway timeout

The proxy server did not receive a correct response from the upstream server specified by URI or the response was not understood by proxy.

POST http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/private.php

Does the above error shed any light?
    Are you on NTL by any chance? If so, try using the belfast proxy server until they fix the dublin web cache

• Advertisement

Are you on NTL by any chance? If so, try using the belfast proxy server until they fix the dublin web cache

Cheers, that did the trick- trust NTL to screw things up, yet again......

Advertisement