Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't connect to FTP servers.

Options
  • 04-03-2005 11:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭

I'm currently living in student accommodation with a shared 2Mb line and cannot connect to FTP servers or any P2P file sharing servers like Bittorrent and E-Mule. Can anyone please tell me how to overcome this problem, any advice appriecated ;) .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

The line is college controlled? In that case its most likely blocked ports.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Optikus

I don't think it is colledge controlled line as its not on campus, however there is an office with a main server so it probably is blocked ports. Could i just change the ports that my p2p program uses to solve this or is there any other solutions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Optikus wrote:
    I don't think it is colledge controlled line as its not on campus, however there is an office with a main server so it probably is blocked ports. Could i just change the ports that my p2p program uses to solve this or is there any other solutions?
    The problem is not changing the ports that your client uses, its that you can't connect to the ports that the server uses...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Optikus

So is there anyway around this, cos im sure other people are downloading stuff as sometimes i connect and the speed is real slow and there not that many people living here with pcs.

Advertisement