Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anywhere to buy Akira in Ireland

Options
  • 05-03-2005 12:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

I DO NOT HAVE A CREDIT CARD,
    I saw Akira on The top100 cartoons programme on Channel 4 last sunday and I NEED IT can you buy them in any shops in Ireland(don't really care where in Ireland)?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Almost all video shops would have one or two discs.
    Forbidden planet may have more.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i saw it in tower records on wicklow street - just off grafton street - but that was about 2 weeks ago, they probably still have it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭abccormac

I think i saw it in tower records on wicklow street the other day, I got a nice two disk set in bpm records in wexford last year. It should be fairly easy to find, if not your local music/dvd/video shop should be able to order it. A company called manga entertainment publishes it and the product code is mang2012 if you need to order it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

I saw it in HMV in Blanchardstown a while back.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Mmm, HMV usually has a copy.

Afaik, Forbidden Planet don't have any anime anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Yeah, Tower Records (Wicklow Street, Dublin) still has it on sale I think, about 15 eurons. Latest Special Edition too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭Kain

Ye, i was in today and Tower have it, in fact they have a few copis so theres no worries. I picked up Princess Mononoke for only €14 as well, they have some good deals on anime in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

Damn you ;D

I had found that around christmas but didnt buy it that day - came in next daya nd couldnt find it ;_;

On the other hand I got Vandread: Second Stage discs 1 and 2 for only 6eur each :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭Subc

Forbidden planet is ridiculous, way to expensive. There like selling manga at 16euros + don't even have popular ones.
    I can get mine for 5euros

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭ronano

I wanted to buy akira/ghost in the shell on cdwow but i cannot for the life of me find akira,i wish hmv did a 2 for 1 for i saw ghost in the shell on it!

edit:i just bought it and it as first seemed to be the last copy(i felt slightly bad taking it but still did!) but i found two other copies in the 'tower recommends' display so i hid one in the world cinema section behind battle royale,see im lovely. It was 16.99 and no discount for students

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

They've got a fair bit of them in sub-city.
    Art_wolf, they have princess mononuke too.

WARNING: Their prices are hazardous to your wallet!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

I know - thats why I buy them for the DCU Anime & Manga soc >:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭KlodaX

I have a copy .. 2 disk edition still in plastic wrap ... bought one of amazon and they sent me two copies cause it took a month to get here!!

where are you? are you still looking to purchase or did you find a copy since first post?

Advertisement