Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor change free call credit allocation

Options
  • 05-03-2005 12:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭

Meteor have changed the way they give out their free call credit with new packs
    From Meteor website:
    From March 1st, receive €10 credit up front, €10 a month for 5 months (once you've registered within 6 months of activating) & a bonus €20 for registering online at My Meteor

Rather than the 20e upfront and 60e all in one go after registering like before.
    Not such a good deal anymore. Funny they haven't publicised that one...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

Yeah
    Very strange alright!!!

:)

They kept that one quiet!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

intresting.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭eskimo

Yeah that's a bit sucky. However, it's good in the way that you're constantly topped up. If you ever run out of cred, just wait a little while and you'll be topped up again!

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Guru Maith Agut

eskimo wrote:
    Yeah that's a bit sucky. However, it's good in the way that you're constantly topped up. If you ever run out of cred, just wait a little while and you'll be topped up again!

Yeah but don't you have to "top up" with €20 a month to get the free texts for the month..? Hence, you must buy €10 yourself on top of the €10 they add to your account for the first 5 months. Just a way for them to get money out of you straight away instead of sitting on the €60 up front for a long period of time giving them no revenue. Maybe thats why they did it. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

my main problem with meteor is their network is not good, i wouldnt b too worried about not getting the credit up front. meteor are trying to protect themselves from people who buy phones, use the credit in a month or 2 and flog on the phone after unlocking it.
    so meteor when are u going to improve ur network?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Doublezero8

Vodafone are now doing the same thing !

New Connection €10 per month for 5 months - Over the phone
    €70 – €10 per month for 7 months - Internet

Upgrade €0 €60 – €10 per month for 6 months
    €80 - €10 per month for 8 months

SIM Only Connection €5 €10 – €5 on registration & €5 the following Month

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Bah

Meteor have been doing this for awhile - I got my sim back in August, and they started topping up by €10 each month from September. It's handy enough though, since you don't have huge amounts of credit in your account for the first month or so and then all of a sudden have none (since you're far more tempted to use your mobile more often).
    Yeah but don't you have to "top up" with €20 a month to get the free texts for the month..? Hence, you must buy €10 yourself on top of the €10 they add to your account for the first 5 months.

You do have to top up by €20 a month to get the free texts - but you've also got to top up by €20 a month to get the €10 per month free call credit. That means you must spend at least €20 a month in order to qualify for free text messages and your free credit.

It sounds like a bit of a scam, but it works well. I rarely have less than €20 in my account, since most of my text messages are free, so overall, I like the system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭eskimo

Bah wrote:
    Meteor have been doing this for awhile - I got my sim back in August, and they started topping up by €10 each month from September. It's handy enough though, since you don't have huge amounts of credit in your account for the first month or so and then all of a sudden have none (since you're far more tempted to use your mobile more often).

That's different. That's the €100 free credit you get when you buy a sim pack. They give you €10 a month for ten months. It's not the same as the free credit you get when you buy a new phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Bah

eskimo wrote:
    That's different. That's the €100 free credit you get when you buy a sim pack. They give you €10 a month for ten months. It's not the same as the free credit you get when you buy a new phone.

I meant that Meteor have been using this method for awhile already, that it's not something totally new to everybody.
    I still think it's just as good as getting it all at once though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭Faltermyer

Yeah but don't you have to "top up" with €20 a month to get the free texts for the month..? Hence, you must buy €10 yourself on top of the €10 they add to your account for the first 5 months.
    This will not work.
    To activate your Free Meteor-Meteor SMS you have to actually top up €20 on a single calender date.
    Any "free" credit issued by Meteor to you does not count toward this.

As regards having to top up €20 a month to get your €10 - this only applies to the special offer SIM packs as mentioned above. With handset packs you will receive your €10 a month regardless of whether you top up at all.

Also, Free SMS is no longer available to new customers since October 7th 2004.

Until 2006, there is now the 5c/Min Meteor-Meteor calls promotion for topping up €20(obviously with T&Cs):

http://www.meteor.ie/makethemove/5c_promotion.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Celticwarrior

Faltermyer wrote:
    This will not work.
    To activate your Free Meteor-Meteor SMS you have to actually top up €20 on a single calender date.
    Any "free" credit issued by Meteor to you does not count toward this.

As regards having to top up €20 a month to get your €10 - this only applies to the special offer SIM packs as mentioned above. With handset packs you will receive your €10 a month regardless of whether you top up at all.

Also, Free SMS is no longer available to new customers since October 7th 2004.

Until 2006, there is now the 5c/Min Meteor-Meteor calls promotion for topping up €20(obviously with T&Cs):

http://www.meteor.ie/makethemove/5c_promotion.html
    Those are some T & C's!!
    "Customers may not avail of the Meteor to Meteor 5c per minute rate while also availing of Meteor’s ‘Free text & picture messages for life’ offer. A move to the Meteor to Meteor 5c per minute rate promotion will result in the loss of free texts & picture messages for life.
    Once a customer has moved from Free Texts for Life to the Meteor to Meteor 5c per minute rate promotion they may not move back to Free Texts for Life.
    Customers may not avail of the Meteor to Meteor 5c per minute rate if they are getting monthly Meteor Rewards. Moving to the Meteor to Meteor 5c per minute rate promotion will result in the loss of Meteor Rewards and will require the customer to move to Anytime Plus from their existing call plan.
    It is not possible to move back from the Meteor to Meteor 5c per minute rate to a previous call plan incorporating Meteor rewards or the Free Texts for Life offer.
    "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Duly noted. Scammin C*NTS!!! How many people actually read the terms and conditions in fairness?! Wow... what a low blow to all the suckers that love their free texts, they'll be rightly stung! :D

Advertisement