Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Second Date

• 05-03-2005 1:14am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭

WWE SmackDown! Presents WrestleMania Revenge

Date: 04/20/2005
    Time: 8:00 p.m.
    Venue: The Point Theater

On-Sale Date: Thursday, March 10th at 9:00 a.m. (Tickets limited to 4 per person)

Ticket Information: Box Office, All Ticketmaster Outlets, www.ticketmaster.ie
    Ticket Prices: $70, $60, $50, $30

from http://www.wwe.com/schedules/events/WWE-SmackDown-042005.jsp

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

This is great news for Irish wrestling fans.Pretty soon we might get a televised event just like the Brits have been getting...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

Theyd be crazy not to have another one. So many people still want tickets theyll make a fortune.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

I dont think we'll be getting a telivised event. The point is just too small and theres no other viable location unless they bring one out-doors which Vince has recently said he dosnt like doing + I think the WWE look on the UK and Ireland as one market meaning they think having TV shows in the UK is serving us too.

Were said to be one of the most lively and passionate fans in the world whatever we support. I think if they did a televised event over here it would come across really well.

Ya but where the hell are we gonna have it? The point just isnt big enough

• Advertisement

Ya but where the hell are we gonna have it? The point just isnt big enough

Croker?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

This is great, I couldnt get time or money to go to the first show but i'll make time for this one.

The card would be pretty much the same, right?

Also until somewhere bigger is built, WWE wont even consider bringing their televised events here.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,973 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I stilll cant believe in this day and age the biggest venue we have is the Point... its so bloody small, for the majority of major international events/artists this glorified country hall is the only venue we have, I think its a disgrace we dont have something bigger and better, we need a state of the art arena that this country can be proud of, a venue capable of fitting 18,000 people+ would be fine and we have plenty of events through the year to accommate such numbers and greater. Untill this happens the WWE will never televise an event in Ireland, its so small they cant use their proper ramps, video screens etc that they use in most of their other shows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

anybody going to go to both shows?

Well i know people who ent to one show of Raw last year and me and another bunch went to the other. The cards were entirely different. Like for instance Eugene was in a tag match with Regal where on my night he interfered in matches and segments.

• Advertisement

I heard that there were two different main events for the Raw shows last year.One was Benoit vs Triple H for the title while another was HBK vs Triple H.I imagine there will be different main events this year too.

last year on the wednesday(1st) night we got HBK V HHH, Kane V Benoit, Edge V Flair, Benjimen V Ortan, La Res V Huricane and Rosey, Garison Cade Vs. Rhyno, Jericho V Tomko (No DQ) Batista Vs. Matt Hardy, Victoria Vs Trish Vs Lita. I think thats it. I think they got a six man tag main event on the 2nd night

Was it just the matches that were different or were their different superstars as well?

Same superstars as far as i know. Molly was in that triple threat. I dont think Trish was. I remember Molly getting the Widows Peak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Mohanned

I am definetly going if I can

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Storm106

Got tickets sorted for both nites
    Thursday nite i'll be in the tired seating Block B 3 rows back.
    And
    Wednesday nite I got myself 2 tickets at the ring (front row)beside the walkway.

Storm106 wrote:
    Got tickets sorted for both nites
    Thursday nite i'll be in the tired seating Block B 3 rows back.
    And
    Wednesday nite I got myself 2 tickets at the ring (front row)beside the walkway.

How did you get tickets?
    Are tickets on sale now?
    I thought they were on sale this thursday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Three matches for the Wednesday night announce so far -

Handicap Match
    JBL & Orlando Jordan vs. John Cena

Submission Match
    Undertaker vs. Heidenreich

6-Man Tag
    Eddie Guerrero, Rey Mysterio, Big Show vs. Kurt Angle, The Bashams

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 BensonandHedges

Hey hows it going,

listen the card is going to change due to a big announancement after mania...
    The legend killer himself will be changing shows from to smackdown.... he has been pulled from the wwe's tour of austraila because of this.. Other news is that jericho could go as well because his character is going stale on raw and the fact its now 2005 and he still is Y2J!!!! More explaination is given on pwtorch.com....

You stay classy boards.ie...

That card looks like BS to me. where did u get it? Iv never known the WWE to publish cards of house shows before

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Drunk_Jackass

Did anyone manage to get tickets for the first date on the net?

That card looks like BS to me. where did u get it? Iv never known the WWE to publish cards of house shows before

This card is on WWE.COM, the link is on Irishmanabroad's opening post on this thread.

So if it's BS, it's WWE's BS, not mine.
    Although they prefer the term "Subject to change"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

i hope things do change cos ders no greater way of wasting a wreslters talent by putting them in a six man tag. id much rather see eddie and kurt in singles match, not even necessarily against each other. ya really only see half the wrestlers abilty in a six man tag. cant recall ever seeing a good six man tag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

just looked at the link, that card is actually for the thurs not the weds. as long as i see eddie or kurtin singles action il be a happy man. no wait my bad, i didnt read the thing properly, looks like thats the card alright. HATE SIX MAN TAGS!! ah well, what ya gonna do? at least we'll be there!

TOPDAWG wrote:
    i hope things do change cos ders no greater way of wasting a wreslters talent by putting them in a six man tag. id much rather see eddie and kurt in singles match, not even necessarily against each other. ya really only see half the wrestlers abilty in a six man tag. cant recall ever seeing a good six man tag.

I agree, last year's second of the Raw tour in the Point, i was gutted that they threw HBK, Y2J and Edge together against Evolution.

So that card poster earlier is for Wednesday night? Hopefully cause i got thursday night...

Advertisement