Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New business phone

Options
  • 05-03-2005 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭

A friend of mine wants to replace his knackered 6310i. I got advice on the for sale forum where they advised me to ask here also.
    Basically, he wants as much battery life as possible as he lives on the phone and no other real requirements besides ease of use. He wants to be able to text easily specifically.
    The 6320 seems to be very highly recommended except that the battery life isn't great. Any others?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Nothing will have as good battery life as the 6310i. The 6310i was built to last.
    For a start all the phones have colour screens now which drains the battery quicker.
    Maybe he could find an almost new 6310i on the For Sale board or in somewhere like the Buy and Sell if he's happy with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭iwb

Yes, maybe that is the best idea. I will suggest it. The one other feature is bluetooth, which is important as he uses a bluetooth car kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

The cradle of the carkit he has won't work with any phone sold now. The bluetooth part will though as long as he gets a bluetooth phone. Just something else to keep in mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Captain Trips

iwb wrote:
    Yes, maybe that is the best idea. I will suggest it. The one other feature is bluetooth, which is important as he uses a bluetooth car kit.

I replaced my 2.5 year old 6310i with the 6230. The battery isn't nearly as good but it will work with 6310i car kits (the 91 version) with a "sit-on" adaptor that allows the 6230 to sit in a pop-port cradle inside the 6310i's cradle and charge, etc., .

Bluetooth should be no problem as headsets are pretty much generic these days but I don't use BT so I don't know for a fact. The BT wireless kits NOkia sell list for 6310 as well as 6230 anyway so I presume they are all compatible.

Battery on 6230 seems to be around 3 days, nothing c/t the 6310i with a week+ depending on use.

There will be an "offical" replacement for the 6310i towards the end of the year. I was told the reason it has not been forthcoming as yet is because it is a favoured phone in the business world but by and large the cameras on new phones are not approved of by a lot of bulk buyers of Nokias.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

I replaced my 2.5 year old 6310i with the 6230. The battery isn't nearly as good but it will work with 6310i car kits (the 91 version) with a "sit-on" adaptor that allows the 6230 to sit in a pop-port cradle inside the 6310i's cradle and charge, etc., .

Where did you get this adapter? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

Hi,

As a replacement for the Nokia 6310i, the Nokia 6030 and Nokia 6021 might be worth a look although they are a few months away from actual release here...

Nokia 6021
    http://www.nokia.com/nokia/0,8764,71345,00.html

Nokia 6030
    http://www.nokia.com/nokia/0,8764,70352,00.html

(Notice no fancy features as business types don't want or need them)

Nokia optimistically state battery life of around 13 days, but as most of us don't live beside the base-stations - I'd guess 7 to 9 days would be more realistic. Still, that's better than most Series 40 phones at the moment.

- Neil

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

the 6030 reminds me of the old siemens s55 or any siemens phone for that matter.

and i have a 6230 not 6230i and the bat life is quoted as 6.5-12.5 days but i get more like 2-4days and 4 would be very odd more like 2-3days

Where did you get this adapter? :confused:

http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/product/5134.htm

There's quite a few others types as well, if you check Expansys, but MobileFun seem to pretty good, I get stuff from them in 3 days.

I prefer the solid cable link to the stereo, etc., . And the CARK91s' are dirt cheap these days, so you'd be better off getting a CARK91 installed and POpPort adaptor - total cost would be £40 for the CARK91 and £39 for the adaptor - instead of getting one of the newer BT car kits.

Advertisement