Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photo quality from mobiles (Nokia)

Options
  • 05-03-2005 1:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

I just got a Nokia 3220 with integrated camera. 1.3 megapixel camera

If i take a pic at the "best" quality, and email to my address it arrives as a 2k jpg . Is that the best it can do ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

How could you have gotten a 3220 with a 1.3 mega pixel camera?
    AFAIK they don't exist. The camera on the 3220 is just a normal VGA camera. Nothing special. Unless you got it from some strange supplier, I'd say you've either got the wrong model number or you are wrong about the type of camera in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭sailorboy

RachG wrote:
    How could you have gotten a 3220 with a 1.3 mega pixel camera?
    AFAIK they don't exist. The camera on the 3220 is just a normal VGA camera. Nothing special. Unless you got it from some strange supplier, I'd say you've either got the wrong model number or you are wrong about the type of camera in it.
    did you sell him it ?

lol

joke ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

Hi,

Nokia 3220 (VGA camera)
    http://www.nokia.com/nokia/0,,58033,00.html

Nokia 3230 (1.3mp camera)
    http://www.nokia.com/nokia/0,,65362,00.html

When you take a picture at full-quality with a 1.3mp camera on a Nokia phone, the image size is roughly between 300k and 700k depending on the detail in the picture.

- Neil

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

Damn you why with the links .... just on the nokia site and now i want a new phone Grrrrr

Have the 6230 and now want the 6230i

• Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭8bi1ctzegfouva

6230i?? can't see that anywhere. can you post a link? i got a 6230 a couple of weeks ago, pretty good phone.
    the 6681 and 6680 look good. i wonder why they called the one with two cameras the 6680, instead of 6681, or 6680i, and the one with only one camera 6680.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

http://www.nokia.com/nokia/0,,69498,00.html

But now that you mention it the 6680 looks bloody good just hope its not too big looking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭elderlemon

errigal wrote:
    I just got a Nokia 3220 with integrated camera. 1.3 megapixel camera

If i take a pic at the "best" quality, and email to my address it arrives as a 2k jpg . Is that the best it can do ?

This should produce an image size of around 400-700 K depending on lighting etc. However if you send this via MMS it will get converted and become much smaller. The final size depends on the operator but usually 100K.

Sending by email seems to get around this - not sure why you're only getting 2k. On some phones theres an image quality setting for the camera-large, normal, small. Have you checked this?

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

Hi,

optiplexgx270 - For size comparisons between the Nokia 6630 and Nokia 6680, have a look here...

http://gsmarena.com/nokia_6680-review-28.php

You'll see it's slightly smaller than a Nokia 6630 so, if you get a chance, have a play around with a Nokia 6630 for reference ;)

the detective - The Nokia 6680 is a 3G phone (ie. video calls, etc) hence the 2 cameras. The Nokia 6681 (Europe) and Nokia 6682 (US) do not support 3G but do support EDGE/EGPRS. All 3 phones do have a camera flash, though.

Bear in mind, most European networks either went with 3G or EDGE/EGPRS - but not both (because of the license, roll-out and equipment costs). So, in the UK and Ireland is look like 3G is preferred over EDGE/EGPRS.

- Neil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭dookie

how'd u get a 3230?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭8bi1ctzegfouva

the 6230i looks so much better than the 6230.
    i hate the middle button, it always does the oppposite of what i want it to do, ie. if i want to press select, it scrolls down instead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

if your looking for a nokia phone with a good quality camera try the nokia 6600 its top class

Advertisement