Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using External sources in Flash

Options
  • 05-03-2005 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭

Right, I want to create a mini-database in flash, basically 4 categories and 8 items in each category. The site I'm making will updated quarterly, and basically I dont want the hassle of having to edit an FLA everytime a new item is added/changed. I dont need a backend script as I can accomplish this with Perl/ASP/PHP separately.

It's hard to express in text, but basically when you click on a category I want it to read from a flat text file the items, and display them accordingly.

Category/Itemtitle
    Category/Itemtitle2
    Category/Itemtitle3
    Category/Itemtitle4

The flatfile would be something like this:

Category/ItemCode/ItemTitle/ItemDescription/ItemNumber/Price/Feature1/Feature2/SmallImageURL/LargeImageURL

Then I want to be able to click on an item for extended information. I've got an idea of how to do this, but can anyone give me a hand or point me in the right direction for a suitable tutorial.

If this isnt clear feel free to ask me and I'll try and explain it better

Advertisement