Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Matt Hardy/Lita situation

• 05-03-2005 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭

I got this off a rumour site so take it with a pinch of salt but it seems pretty reliable...

This past week Matt Hardy confirmed on his personal website's messageboard that he has in fact broken up with Amy Dumas (Lita) and that reports are true that Lita has been cheating on him. What wasn't posted on Matt's site is that the person Lita was cheating on him with is actually a close friend of Matt's and a fellow WWE superstar. That superstar is EDGE. We have confirmation that Edge, who himself was recently married, has been having an affair on the road with Lita and that it was Edge's wife that contacted Matt Hardy directly about the situation.

Insider sources tell us that WWE management is extremely angry at Edge over what they consider the height of improper conduct among their employees. Edge and Matt Hardy have been close friends for several years, as both The Hardy Boyz and Edge & Christian broke into the company together and made eachothers' careers during their series of high-risk stipulation matches (inclding the innovative TLC matches) over the WWE Tag Team Championships. There is a feeling backstage that Edge's behavior with Lita is a politically crippling move that has the potential to seriously threaten his career.

Matt Hardy is currently on the sidelines with an injury but will be returning to the road on March 19th. With both Matt and Edge currently on the RAW roster, things should get pretty interesting backstage.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Seed

Never liked Edge, always been a bit shifty. Now I know =P

Well, it'll be interesting to see if they keep it backstage or do anything with it as sometimes the WWE seem to lrealise that the fans aren't stupid and do stuff with the rumours. Perhaps they will?

Are Edge and Matt doing anything for WM?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

The best way to deal with this is a brand change so i think someone is going to smackdown (most likely Matt).

What's the link to Matt hardys website?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Brow wrote:
    There is a feeling backstage that Edge's behavior with Lita is a politically crippling move that has the potential to seriously threaten his career.

The WWE should be worried.WM20 showed the power of the internet with regards to wrestling as the fans booed Lesnar out of the building knowing he was quitting for the NFL.I wouldn't be at all surprised if we hear a chant on Raw such as:

"You f*cked Lita" or "Edge and Lita".

This could cause real problems for the WWE and Edge.If this story is true,and I think it very well could be,then a brand change for one of them would have to occur.

I feel sorry for Matt.Who knew Lita could be such a b*tch?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

The kind of fans that went to WM20 are the hardcore fans who qued up over days which makes them more then lightly Internet Wrestling fans aswell. The kind of fan that goes to Raw dosnt nessicerily que up for tickets as Raw rarely sells out in the US theese days. Theese casual fans arnt uaualy as Internet savey towards wrestling.
    You'll also notice a distinct lack of female representation in the WM20 crowd if you watch it back again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 DannyAu-Yeung

Looks like Trish was right all along! hahaha :D

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Im hoping this is a major work, and it really wouldnt surprise me if it is.

Matt is on the verge of a return, Edge isnt in a proper feud. They have proven over the years they have a chemistry in the ring, though they have never had a singles feud (that I can think of anyways). What a great way to return, by fighting the guy who 'stole' his girl, while he was on the shelf.

Now, the wwe/Matt/Edge/Lita are no fools, they know the power of the net, and how rumours can take hold.They know that if they tried this, the IWC would be all over it straight away condemning Edge and Lita, and feelings of sympathy towards the wronged Hardy boy.

That said, if it is true, I reckon we could see a major de-push of Edge and Matt going back to SD, where he would/should be a major star (preferably as the heel he played 2 years ago, when all the V1 mumbo jumbo started). If true, I feel sorry for Matt, and think that Edge is a complete ass. Lita then can feck off, after all Matt did for her while she was shelved with her neck injury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

I get the feeling it may be a work aswell. Edge dosnt seem like the kind of guy that would do that. Also Matt maybe looking to get one over on the internet fans after some guy wrote that Lita hurt his career and Matt retaliated stongly on his site

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

how many of these stories and rumours spread across the internet ever turn out to be a real work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Matt ain't the only one Edge will want to stay clear of, his wife is Val Venis' sister.He's on Raw too, how dumb is he not to have noticed something...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

They say those two were meant to be in the ladder match at mania. Imagine if it was real those two going at it in a ladder match. Chaos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Mohanned

Oh my god I hope Matt bates him up

They say there gonna rework the match now so no one gets actually injured during it. It'd be crap if Hardy was takin out of the match because of this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Mohanned

Ya it would be crappy

To correct myself, Edge is no longer married to Val's sister, his present wie is his second.He'd weant to tie a know in it, would'nt he?

Plus, Hardy is/was down for the 6 man ladder match?
    I felt sure he'd be involved with a match with Kane/Snitsky.
    Or maybe they are in the ladder match too...

Snitsky is said to be in it. They havnt got plans for Kane at the moment but theyll come up with something. Hardy and Edge were down for the match but due to this situation theyll have to change it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

i have a feeling this is a load of crap to be honest. It would be very very unprofessional to go naming names on websites for contract workers

Well, there's developments every day so we'll just have to play it by week I guess. Interesting to see if there's any mention of Lita or anything in Matt's up coming story klines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

D-FENS wrote:
    Matt ain't the only one Edge will want to stay clear of, his wife is Val Venis' sister.He's on Raw too, how dumb is he not to have noticed something...

He's not married to Val Venis's sister anymore! He got married a second time last year, a few weeks before Taboo Tuesday.

Anyway, this whole situation might be a boost for Matt's face character and Edge's heel character.

He's not married to Val Venis's sister anymore! He got married a second time last year, a few weeks before Taboo Tuesday.

Anyway, this whole situation might be a boost for Matt's face character and Edge's heel character.

Indeed, RebelRockChick.

Precisely why i apologised and corrected myself on a different post that same day.

If you'd scrolled down the page about 6 inches you would have seen it...

• Advertisement

Apparently Matt thinks Edge is "feces".See here:

http://nodq.com/news/112820809.shtml

Advertisement