Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantastic Caramel Fondue Recipe

• 05-03-2005 2:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭

Hi people this is a really easy to cook tasty caramel sauce, it is so simple
    add half a cup of sugar and three tablespoons sugar to pot.
    Heat on high stirring continuosely until mix begins to boil.
    Add 1 1/4 cups of heated slightly whipped cream (the whipped cream in the can works almost as well) to the mixture and it will erupt at once releasing a fantastic smell of caramel stir for about a minute adding a knob of unsalted butter, enjoy.
    Serve with fresh fruit or with cake like flapjack

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭chilipop

anyone have any success??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

You just out sugar, alone, in a pot? It won't boil - it will burn! Or should that be a cup of water?

no it is right it wont burn it almost disolves in water, and as heat builds up the sugar disolves more.
    This is the whole basic process of caramelisation, trust me it will work fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Oh right. The whole thing sounds a bit too sweet for me, though. Too much sugar makes me dizzy!

YEah It might be a bit high on calorie front alright all sugar and cream but it is so so nice I cant resist it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

chilipop wrote:
    no it is right it wont burn it almost disolves in water, and as heat builds up the sugar disolves more.
    This is the whole basic process of caramelisation, trust me it will work fine.

The question was actually with regard to your original recipe and the fact that you have not mentioned water.

Did you mean half a cup of sugar and 3 tablespoons of water?

yes sorry,
    1/2 cup sugar and three tablespoons water

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

As a chef I can confirm that you don't need to put water in with sugar to dissolve it. Make sure no sugar crystals remain on the rim of the pan to avoid burnt parts. You get a pure sugar solution by not adding water, rather than having to evaporate the water after the sugar dissolves. Just be careful not to heat too harshly.

When you're doing sugar work it means you don't have to wait so long for the syrup to hit hard crack stage.

My teeth are hurting from reading that recipe. And canned whipped cream would give it a UHT taint, wouldn't it? I've never used it.

Advertisement