Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chili Peppers New Album

• 05-03-2005 3:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭

Hi does anyone know if the chili's are making a new album, when will it be out
    Can anyone help!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 361 ✭✭Redegg

i'd say late 2006. and they will play the point december 2006.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

the point? they're money-grabbers, they'll never do a show in ireland to less than 100,000 again. look at the last three summers:
    Lansdowne Road, June 2002, 40,000
    Slane Castle, August 2003, 80,000
    Phoenix Park, June 2004, 120,000
    Where next? The Curragh to 500,000?

CHILIS NEED YOUR MONEY!!!! MOO HAW HAW HAW!!! ALL YOUR MONEY!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Hmmm, as much as i would kill to see them in the point, upmeath is right. They've out grown that venue.

A man can dream though....

Maybe there's something on their website. Its www.redhotchilipeppers.com surprisingly enough. :)

They've out grown that venue.

they have, or their greed has. i swear, i went for the last three years, sucker every time. no crowd interaction, same old "we lav i-ur-lend" from flea followed by "i'd lav to live here. if only it didnt rain so mach" from anthony. fair enough, chad did we will rock you and sunday bloody sunday drum tributes, but they were almost the only times the band actually stirred the crowd. nobody needs to hear john frusciante whining diana ross or whitney houston or mariah carey into the microphone, only to leave the stage, overcome with emotion. and who gives a **** if flea can play the bugle.
    that crap only works on the continent where they dont understand english!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

you forgot to mention that they a **** too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

Red Hot Chilli Peppers I have to say, are great, except for Anthony.
    John Frusciante has grown on me a lot lately. I think he's great.
    Flea, coolest bass player ever. And Chad, definately one of the worlds best drummers in my books.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Greed? Maybe they just want to please as many fans as possible and not leave people scavaging the country for tickets like a U2 gig. Just a thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

They suck ass through a straw these days.

FX Meister wrote:
    They suck ass through a straw these days.

Bollox

Sorry mate but it's true. When did you start listening to them? Calafornication era perhaps? Your comment about pleasing fans by playing big venues shows you don't know what you are talking about.

• Advertisement

Haha, you have absolutely no idea. I've got every single RHCP album they've every released as well as a ton of bootlegs.
    From "The Red Hot Chili Peppers" to "By the Way"

I respect your opinion but don't tell me that I don't know what I'm talking about just because I chose to support the band.

Ok, so you hopped on around calafornication and then bought the back catalogue, you're super. A really nice pair of chaps came up to me and me bird at the Phoenix Park gig, total scumbags from Clondalkin, rolled a few numbers and snorted a load of coke off a two euro coin. I'm sure they really love the chilli's music and that's why they were there. If you want to enjoy a band playing their music live gigs this big are not the place for it. It's money first and music second with them now, and they can't produce good music now, it's just bland crap that pales when compared to their older stuff.

You love the sound of your own voice don't you? Sorry you're right and everyone else is wrong. My apologies.

fade2black wrote:
    You love the sound of your own voice don't you? Sorry you're right and everyone else is wrong. My apologies.
    You are the weakest link, GOODBYE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭chilipop

fade2black wrote:

Couldnt agree more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

I dont think they have sold out. They are still making really good albums. Since reading Kiedis' bio its a wonder they are still on the go,he is such a selfsh dick. I thought they were crap at Landsdowne,ok at Slane (ticket was purchased for the Queens tho) but I really enjoyed them at the Point with Dave Navarro. There was no way in hell I was buying a ticket to see them in the park. I cant ever see them playing a small venue again not until their popularity dies down anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

FX Meister wrote:
    Ok, so you hopped on around calafornication and then bought the back catalogue, you're super.

So what if he started to like them around Californication? I did. I only first HEARD of the red hot chili peppers when they released it thanks to lack of good music on irish radios and no cable as a wee young lad.

The point is we like them now, and because of Californication, we like their earlier stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭eoin5

Heh, Anthony is great: Long-Dong in the Summertime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

Anthony Kiedis is the finest thing on this planet mmmmmm

Just to point it out again, I've been a Chili peppers fan since 1992. They are a very consistent band considering the various hurdles that they have encountered since their begining.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,459 ✭✭✭Blisterman

I wish the played stuff from their first 4 albums in concert. That stuff's their best. It really grows on you.

And yes, I only first heard of them with Under the Bridge.

chilipop wrote:
    Couldnt agree more
    What? you really think so? What's that sound? Oh yes it's me talking again, it sounds soooooo good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭chilipop

FX Meister wrote:
    What? you really think so? What's that sound? Oh yes it's me talking again, it sounds soooooo good

DO you have some sort of problem with me, the Starter of THIS Thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭curtains

I love the chili peppers, i think they have three excellent musicians (four if you count hillel). While BSSM and Freaky Styley are my favourite albums I think Californication is brilliant album, the guitar playing is excellent, not being ruled by technique but by the music itself. Speaking of which, John Frusciante is one of the greatest msuicians alive today.

By the sounds of it the next rhcp album will be a big departure for them, it's apparently kind of rock-ish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

FX Meister, you forgot take your pills today.

Chilipop, ignore him.

chilipop: Do you have a problem with me

No I have no problem with you. Someone said I like the sound of my own voice and you agreed. I just replied to your post. the Chilli's don't make music as good as they used to and that's a fact. Anyone that can't see it just doesn't know that much about music. And just to point out, I've been a fan since 1986.
    And just to point out, I've been a fan since 1986
    And just to point out, I've been a fan since 1986

FX Meister, you forgot take your pills today.

Chilipop, ignore him.
    Nope, I had my multi vitamin washed down with an actimel this morning. But I promise to relax more around here, by the way (pun intended). Ahhhh the sweet sound of my voice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

FX Meister wrote:
    the Chilli's don't make music as good as they used to and that's a fact. Anyone that can't see it just doesn't know that much about music.

No anyone who "can't see this" just has a different opinion to you. Live with it and stop being a dick. :rolleyes:

Ok, I'll agree with you ciaran but their opinion is worthless. I'm off to listen to Richie Kavanagh, don't slag him or his music, it's my opinion.

• Advertisement

despite being just 17, ive had a knowledge and appreciation of the chilis' existence since around 93/94. my father is a record shop owner and i grew up listening to breaking the girl, under the bridge and give it away, with the clash and sex pistols firm favourites at home too. first of all, being from california doesnt give you the right to think you own the world, if you do think that you have an inbred texan to compete with. there's so much room in the music market for a rebellious voice at the minute, a void remains post-ratm and commercial machines like the chilis use their voice to express what? aeroplane was the beginning of a downward slide for the chilis. everything ever since has been meaningless lyrically, mediocre in light of their early thrash/punk/funk fusion and they put no effort into entertaining.
    i was at slane. dave grohl is a character, possibly the most humourous man in rock music. josh homme and nick olivieri also entertained, hard hitting rock with feeling and meaning. metallica04 was the greatest show ive ever been to. crowd interaction taken to the cleaners. you felt a part of the action. im sorry kiedis but when you cross the atlantic you're not competing for trl chart places or record sales, they only come after you entertain. the irish public does not need four train wrecks, ghosts of previous musical heroes, bopping about with flashing lights for 60 euro or whatever it was. skangers and skobies need that. the irish rock fan wants something explosive, something monumental, memorable, touching and interactive. paul mccartney, foo fighters, queens of the stone age, metallica, these are the kind of people the chilis should look up to instead of being warner's puppet

Advertisement