Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can post here..and the test forum.. but not comp..

Options
  • 05-03-2005 3:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Very odd. You're not on the banned list. I can't think of any reason why only one forum would have a problem like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

I've the exact same probs this evening- I can't even save a Journal entry.....
    Whats up?

Got a Journal entry eventually, just kept trying and eventually it stuck.
    No probs posting here, or the test forum- strangely enough.
    Its not a problem with post lengths or smileys etc- I don't tend to use smileys, and my test post was only 2 lines long.

:(

Ps- my Journal count has just gone back to "1" as well....... :confused::(

Sorry I have nothing to suggest. I haven't seen the problem myself. If anybody has any ideas then feel free to suggest.

• Advertisement

Yup- back again......

HTTP 502 - Gateway timeout

The proxy server did not receive a correct response from the upstream server specified by URI or the response was not understood by proxy.

Winsock: (997) Overlapped I/O operation is in progress.
    POST http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/private.php
    Winsock: (997) Overlapped I/O operation is in progress.

Does the above error shed any light?

Yes, actually.....
    You too?
    Hows about Merc?
    Also- how the hell would NTL bb have an impact on us being able to post in feedback, but not in other forums?
    This is quite bizzare......

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

On my parent's computer in Scotland I don't have access to boards or yahoo mail from NTL. It's not broadband though, I think its cable.

Managed to post on Mr. Tilts computer thread.....
    Still no joy with responding to PMs though :(
    I'm going to do a little hunting- if it happened previously it must be in the archive...... I love google......

Gordon wrote:
    On my parent's computer in Scotland I don't have access to boards or yahoo mail from NTL. It's not broadband though, I think its cable.

Yes, we're all cable broadband too- think I'm speaking for us all- am I?

Also- was happily using it with Boards up to about last Thursday- have not changed any configurations here- I have my general all purpose firewall, and 128 bit WEP encryption (as you can see from the IP logs there are a few of us trying to Boards here....)

Me not very happy :(

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Incidentally it has been like this with my parents for ages and one cannot access any of boards. I'm not 100% sure it is NTL at fault here though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=231994

^ Similar problem described + fix. (NTLs transparent cache has been fubar the past few days).

• Advertisement

It does seem a bit too much of a coincidence though?
    Maybe I'm just paranoid.
    Someone suggested I reinstall the IP stack, because of the Winsock error I quoted here. Its on about 6 computers here though with 4 different operating systems, including 2 macs- so I don't think thats the issue.

Also- as Merc suggested earlier- I seem to be having much better success rate with posts that are no more than a few lines long, and that do not contain any smileys- but that just doesn't seem to make any sense, at all.....

Its really bizzare!

Moriarty wrote:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=231994

^ Similar problem described + fix. (NTLs transparent cache has been fubar the past few days).

Cheers Moriarty- problem solved (or temporarily bypassed anyway).

Thanks a mill!

How bizarre.

Advertisement