Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sweden - Gothenburg - Lindholmen

• 05-03-2005 3:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hi there!!! has anyone visted the above places mentioned!!!

im thinkin of heading to gothenburg for two months during the summer. just wondering what the social scene is like or if anyone has any kickass hostels they would recommend????

cheers for any input!!! all info welcomed

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭jetsonx

Was in Gothenburg on a Friday and Satuday night two years ago...kinda weird town...quite busy town but lacked the "craic"...(no I don't mean people getting sick on the streets a la temple bar style) but it just lacked a certain vibe...
    Has a quite provencial feel to it as well.

Stayed in a HI hostel in the somewhere about 2km from centre...that was quite a boring affair as well...

Swedes are a sound bunch of people though. Have you considered Finland or Stockholm ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 NuckinFutter

sweden wouldn't of been my first choice but there's an internship goin so i thought i might aswell apply...

so you wouldn't recommend gothenburg then??? hmmm....don't fancy 2 monthsof bordom myself....

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭zefer

Ive been to G?othenburg a few times and tbh it isnt the most kicking place in the world. Nobody goes out during the week(and I mean nobody!! like a ghost town) but tis like that all over Sweden.

Stockholm is a cool place but sweden in general is cool and FULL of fantastic looking women :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 NuckinFutter

any reason why they dont go out??? i hear its fierce expensive???

but good lookin woman eh??? well now i really am tempted......hahaha

it is expensive but not much more than here.
    They just dont go out during the week, very wierd at times..

• Advertisement

any reason why they dont go out??? i hear its fierce expensive???

but good lookin woman eh??? well now i really am tempted......hahaha

Suppose the men are alright too but I1d say you would be tempted by the women(even if u are straight) :D They are THAT good looking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Coney Island

Went to Gothenburg twice (had my ex gf there).....in summer is really nice and you can have lovely sunny days and people are nice....plus, I have seen there the most beautiful women I ever seen in my life (along with the Ukrainians I met when I was in Kiev last month).

If I were you, I would go for it....but don't go in winter though!

Advertisement