Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formal complaint - Soccer Forum

Options
  • 05-03-2005 4:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭

Hello Can someone please explain to me why I will get banned for starting a thread about soccer anywhere on the site before I gain acess to the soccersite.
    I think its a great idea that acess is required for the soccer forum but while we wait (i have to wait a month as have just joined) why can we not create a sub/mini even insignificant forum so we can talk about soccer. :mad: :mad:
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

becaus thats the point of haveing a limited access soccer forum, otherwise why not just open the soccer forum up to everyone again.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

chilipop wrote:
    Hello Can someone please explain to me why I will get banned for starting a thread about soccer anywhere on the site before I gain acess to the soccersite.
    Because when the need for access to the soccer forum happened, people that were not allowed access started to post about soccer in After Hours and other boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

because the scum fans were getting wide ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

This post has been deleted.

because about four months ago there slagging and abuse flying all over the place in the soccer forum after every game, mainly between Man U and Arsenal fans *cough* jank & muppet *cough*
    they closed the soccer forum for a while, then everyone had to apply from scratch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

chilipop wrote:
    I think its a great idea that acess is required for the soccer forum but while we wait (i have to wait a month as have just joined) why can we not create a sub/mini even insignificant forum so we can talk about soccer. :mad: :mad:

got banned from where?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

he hasnt been banned yet.

but he will be if he posts a soccer thread in another forum bar the soccer one.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I miss Jank ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

"Formal complaint"

What makes someone think the thing will be taken any more seriously by the sarcastic, the caustic and the academic (oops, not forgetting Regi, the quiet occasionally sardonic one) when the word "formal" is put in there? At least when we're not all addressed as "my right honorable friend" while bowing to each other and wearing evening dress.

(I reckon Rabies has answered the actual question)

he hasnt been banned yet.

but he will be if he posts a soccer thread in another forum bar the soccer one.

well thats bull. i dont see why a football thread cannot be posted on the afterhours board. after all, you can post anything there.

as for not being allowed on the soccer forum, that a load of rubbish as well. the soccer access forum is simply there because the mods are having a hard time modertaing. and quite frankly, if they cant ban people for what they do wreong and have to set up some sort of exclusive club, then maybe they should look at not modding at all.

soccer access should be given to all if its a public forum, otherwise make it a private forum (which at the moment it essentially is) and make a new public forumj for people to discuss soccer without some sort of addmission stamp. this is stupid stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

LOL Eamo, here you go again. You had your little rant in the mod forum about how badly the soccer forum is modded and when I asked you to step up and mod it yourself you backed down.

Soccer is not private it can be read by all. The system that is in place now, was done so based on suggestions from users of the forum, the moderators and the site admins at the time. If you have a better method then please lets hear it. If however you just want to snipe from the sidelines then give it a break mate, its getting old at this stage.

If we open it up and leave it to a free for all then I can see you bitching here in a few weeks or months about how the soccer forum is full of sh!te.

gandalf wrote:
    LOL Eamo, here you go again. You had your little rant in the mod forum about how badly the soccer forum is modded and when I asked you to step up and mod it yourself you backed down.

Soccer is not private it can be read by all. The system that is in place now, was done so based on suggestions from users of the forum, the moderators and the site admins at the time. If you have a better method then please lets hear it. If however you just want to snipe from the sidelines then give it a break mate, its getting old at this stage.

If we open it up and leave it to a free for all then I can see you bitching here in a few weeks or months about how the soccer forum is full of sh!te.

oh god paul, shut up will you?

i dont want to be a soccer mod, or a pi mod, or any other kind of mod. i just dont want to do it. but i can do it. and thats the difference.
    stop beign so gad damn sensitive and stop thinking that every harsh word that is printed is directed at you. honestly, youd think you were important.
    but to get to the point instead of answering your usual whinging..

the fact is that its unfair that someone should be banned for posting about soccer, when they cannot get access to the soccer forum.
    and yes, the soccer forum is readable to all, but its only at the disgression of the moderators who gets to post. if its a public forum, it should be open to all. if you want a private boys club for soccer, then create one.

try and answer the questions, instead of constantly attacking me.
    i mean, youre not even a mod there anymore. get over it and move on.

LOL what are you on man, where did I attack you :D I am sure even you will admit that you tend to snipe or troll a fair bit ;)

As I stated above the current system was put in place after consultation with quite a few users. I agree its unfair initially on new users but it has cleaned up the soccer forum from what it was before no end, even you I am sure will agree with that, unless you enjoyed the out and out flame wars and trolling that went on.

And as for ban the offenders, that all very well but the problem that brought everything to a head before was a small minority setting up multiple accounts and causing anarchy on soccer, the current system is put in place to combat that and has worked.

As for being sensitive I am not, I am replying to this thread to clarify things. Someone can get access to the soccer forum if they follow the procedure in place, they may have to wait a bit but most people do gain access. And just to correct you it is at the discretion of the users who sponsor them and then the moderators as to who gets access to the forum.

And yes I am important, just as you and everyone else in the world is important :D See I am still a pinko hippy ba$tard :)

and god loved all of his children.

i refuse to talk to you religious types anymore.

anyway. im pointing out that it is unfair that someone be banned from other forums if and when they cannot get into the soccer forum. although i would prefer to see the soccer forum opened up to free access again.
    personlly i dont give a monkeys how people get onto teh soccer forum, but it is unfair to not allow someone and then they get banned because they have no other place to go.

its like throwing someone in jail because they have been kicked out of home!

except its not really. im just be dramatic.

I think the problem is people do not have patience to wait until they get access, bloody on demand society is what I blame myself!!!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

grrrrrr.... dont take this off topic or into the Thunderdome with both of you it will go.

I guess I'm "the Caustic" eh Sceptre? :)

To the poster: You can be grandfathered into the Soccer forum too, but I think you've blown any chance of that. :) Be chill and you'll see it works well.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

L5 wrote:
    because about four months ago there slagging and abuse flying all over the place in the soccer forum after every game, mainly between Man U and Arsenal fans *cough* jank & muppet *cough*

Not much point debating this now but that is not true , Would you link to the posts where I abused other users as I don't believe I ever abuse anyone. I certainly did my share of slagging but so did everyone else.

I don't appreciated those comments when I know that my posts were not the problem.
    Gandalf wrote:
    And as for ban the offenders, that all very well but the problem that brought everything to a head before was a small minority setting up multiple accounts and causing anarchy on soccer, the current system is put in place to combat that and has worked.

DeVore wrote:
    grrrrrr.... dont take this off topic or into the Thunderdome with both of you it will go.

WWman started it !! :p

gandalf wrote:
    WWman started it !! :p

:eek:

I DID NOT!

Advertisement