Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A few ideas required to..

Options
  • 05-03-2005 7:17pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Im currently working in a fulltime position and looking to move out on my
    own as Im sick of all the office politics, backstabbing etc and basically my
    hard work lining someone elses pockets.

I work in IT on the hardware side of things and looking to just move into
    something along the lines of PC support/repair etc for home or small business
    users.. nothing too complicated yet..

I do some nixers on the side every now and again, not a lot just a few hours
    here and there and I'm looking to drum up some business. Ive done up a few
    business cards and hand them out to people I do work for and try and
    encourage them to pass on my contact details to others.

Anyone have any suggestions from past experience as to whats the best
    way to drum up some business without costing the earth..

Or if someone out there has an existing business and is looking for a partner
    by all means feel free to contact me :)

Tox

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭pablo21

Where are ya based?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Based in Dublin..

Im between 2 minds as to whether just take the risk and take a leap of faith with the hope of making a go of it.. but to be honest I know its gonna take
    a lot of work and since Im renting and have bills it wouldnt be a good idea to
    take such an unnecessary risk...

So gonna build it up gradually over time.

Tox

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Got any qualifications A+ or MCPs? Always looks good on the Business card..

Advertisement