Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asterisk + Blueface. Authentication problem receiving calls.

Options
  • 05-03-2005 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I got a trial account with Blueface yesterday and I've been having great fun with Asterisk all day today with my new SIP phone, Digium card, soft phone, analog phone, landline and Blueface.

Much trial-and-error and lots of googling later - I've got my system doing everything I want except receiving calls from Blueface - specifically, my asterisk server is refusing calls from Blueface with the error :
    Failed to authenticate user "1234567"sip:1234567@213.168.225.133>;tag=as3a7c4be1
    1234567=my cellphone number from which I'm calling my Blueface dublin number

I've registered Blueface in my sip.conf and I've no problem with routing outgoing calls through Blueface but when I call my assigned number I get the above error on my asterisk console.

It's probably a simple one-liner but, for the life of me, I can't find the solution by Googling or by trawling thru voip-info.org.

Any asterisk gurus care to offer advise or a URL?

Regards,

Liam

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭liamo

Although I'm unable to offer a definitive answer as to why it wasn't working in the first place, merging all my contexts into a single [default] context seems to have done the trick. Although this is not exactly what I wanted, I've now got a working solution. Happy days!

I'd like to extend my compliments to Blueface. I didn't contact them for support because I only have a trial account and I felt it would be taking the piss a bit for me to expect support when I'm not actually paying them anything yet. However, without any prompting, I received an email from Aaron in Blueface yesterday evening noting that calls were being rejected at my end and offering assistance to resolve it. I had heard that they were very good on support and were very quick to respond and my experience yesterday has proved this.

Regards,

Liam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭mackerski

liamo wrote:
    I had heard that they were very good on support and were very quick to respond and my experience yesterday has proved this.

I'll echo that. I'm on a free trial as well (better than free, if you consider the real calls I can make on my €1 credit), and have had plentiful and prompt e-mail assistance. Not since the pioneering days of home dialup Internet access have I seen such dedication.

Dermot

Advertisement