Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M3 Motorway

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 916 ✭✭✭whatnext

Totally for the project - read some proper left wing rubbish above.

Firstly, Build a tunnel - increase costs on the scheme by c. €1bn - thats a 200% cost increase.

Secondly - You cant let the past get in the way of progress, I'm sure there were some stone age tree huggers objecting to the construction of newgrange, The Great Wall of China, Eiffle Tower, Golden Gate Bridge etc etc etc

As for the greens getting into power - try this, when they call to your door canvasing - Ask them what their economic policies are? What their policy on corporation tax is?
    Waste of a vote - if the unthinkable happened we'd all be back on the boats to the US and the UK (the airports would of course been shut down)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Well I was on N3 other day and was coming into Navan, there is a field down there with about 150 gobs**ts dressed in white clothes looking at the clay??? what a pile of f**king wasters!!! what they going to find in a field there? sure it has been ploughed and reseeded about 20 times in last few years. Just another pile of wasters getting the Government to pay them cause they cant get a proper job!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Ha, have to laugh, route 3 for the road was coming right through my house before we got planning permission 6 years ago...

Im for the M3, and delighted that it has got the go ahead.

The save Tara group, Tara watch and the other break-away save tara groups wont get many friends here... most of the people from meath on here seem to be the ones who have to drive to work via the N3 everyday. Not even yer bebo sites can stop the road now.

Ye had your say every fecking week about the M3 plight in the "letters to the editor" section in the Meath Chronicle for well over 5 years. And after all the cost reports and legal fighting, the government has spent enough money on this issue equivlent to building 30 schools or 5 hospitals or even pay for 2000 nurses for a year!

PS. Isnt it a bit strange that someone has closed the poll ?!? :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

karltimber wrote: »
    I am currently in the US -Oregon for a short stint and we have a small SINGLE track (doubles at stations of course)rail-line beside the apts here - a train evey 5-10mins into town which is 15 mins away but also goes futher out.
    Its absolutely fantastic.

It baffles me how Ireland can only have a road vision !!!!
    Have they not looked at every other country in the EU - germany has a fantastic rail network direct into every city.
    Think you're referring to Portland, OR - which is a rare American city in that it has a rail network. Not too impressed by your description of it being single track , though.

Dunno how you can keep a straight face saying that Ireland has a road vision compared to America - the most car dependent country in the world, in which many cities report less than 2% of commuters use a means other than car to get to work. Dublin's rail network is fantastic compared to most American cities.
    karltimber wrote: »
    They should have bought the pheonix Park race-course (instead of the concrete lego apts they are putting up) and made it a station for a new rail line from Dun,navan,cavan plus a park and ride --all linked by a luas into the ctiy centre !!!
    Eejit. OK, genius, head down to the area and check out the TRAIN STATION and PARK AND RIDE that they built as part of the development, and get back to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 233 ✭✭eamonpk

Hi - does anyone who has used the M3 since it has opened know the journey time from Cavan town to Dublin. I am planning to get from Cavan to the RDS in Dublin on Saturday evening. Thanks

• Advertisement

eamonpk wrote: »
    Hi - does anyone who has used the M3 since it has opened know the journey time from Cavan town to Dublin. I am planning to get from Cavan to the RDS in Dublin on Saturday evening. Thanks

I travelled it up and down on Sunday, I left Blanchardstown at 10 on Sunday morning, I was at the Lavey inn at around 10.50. Was delayed once I got off M3 at virginia by some muppet going no mile an hour. Travelled back to blanchardstown that evening. Was busier but still only took me an hour, normal route would take me over hour and a half so knocking off half hour. That was also keeping well within speed limits and very heavy rain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Westwood

Im wondering would it be quicker for someone traveling from dublin to donegal on a regular basis instead of usinf the m1 and heading twords monaghan?

Westwood wrote: »
    Im wondering would it be quicker for someone traveling from dublin to donegal on a regular basis instead of usinf the m1 and heading twords monaghan?

havent a clue, i always found the M1 slower than going via Cavan on old N3, where in Donegal thou?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Wheaven

In my opinion coming from Cavan to RDS, i would go down M3 to M50 then head northbound for the Airport / M1 Interchange then head for Port Tunnell, when out of the Port Tunnell head for the East Link and go across the Liffey. Following this Road round and you will come to a Set of Traffic Lights, where you will turn right and then a quick left at what used to be Sandymount Ford Garage.

You will then continue on straight until you come to the Junction where you will turn left onto shelbourne road. Continue on this road and you will turn left at the top and this will bring you to RDS.

I know there are a few Tolls on the roads suggested but if you are going on a Saturday Evening to the RDS you are probably going to a Concert.

It took me one evening going to a concert in the RDS from Blanchardstown through the Park and Up the Quays 1 hour and 15 Mins alone.

Advertisement