Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Sony Ericsson mobiles

Options
  • 05-03-2005 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,083 ✭✭✭

See 'em at http://www.sonyericsson.com/cebit/flash.html

I'm looking forward to the W800, 2 MP camera, FM radio, expandable memory tied in with the walkman brand. Exactly what I'm looking for. Not out until 3Q.

The K750i seems to have pretty much the same features with smaller expandable memory and it's out sooner (2Q)!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭dookie

yeah the w800 will be brilliant!u think voda 3g will take on the k750i?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

Will Vodafone be taking on the Z800?

er aint that just the v800? im sure u can get the v800 flashed to a v800 when it becomes available...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

dookie wrote:
    im sure u can get the v800 flashed to a v800 when it becomes available...

You mean v800 flashed to z800?
    Anyway, yes, this can be done to debrand the v800

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

wolfman wrote:
    You mean v800 flashed to z800?
    Anyway, yes, this can be done to debrand the v800

How does one do this ;)

• Advertisement

sorry :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

The sound is piss porr on the v800. I had the choice between that and the nokia 6630 and went for the nokia, doesnt look as nice but its better for a cheaper price

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I think the advances in mobiles like this is going to kill off portable music devices like the iPod.
    Think about it.. mobiles will just incorporate these features, leaving no other USP for iPod devices.
    Sony already have the brand "walkman" to pack a punch... I think Apple better move fast and hook up with a mobile firm to keep long term options open.

Otherwise, when it comes to the crunch, the core market for the iPod will vanish...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

To debrand a Sony ericsson, you need a data cable and there are a few online servers which you downoad software for. Then, you buy credits to either, unlock, flash, debrand or repair your phones. If anybody wants details send me a PM.

if a v800 can be flashed and whatnot then can it be used for RTG cos i think i remember reading that vodafone removed the option from the v800 to switch it on the 2g network...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

would have preferred a more K700 looking K750 than the T630 looking one we got... and pity there was no memory expansion listed for the K600 but size/weight looks good...

music handsets (converged/integrated not just capable) have been touted as this years big thing for the last few months so the W800 will have competition - really needs to be compared to the Moto (especially with it's iTunes capability) and the others...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭oneweb

I like the spec of the k750i. I'd actually ordered a K700i from expansys but 'cos of an issue with the order it didn't go through straight away. 2 days later the k750i was announced so I cancelled my order. I'm happy and can't wait :)

It is what it's.

Any word on pricing/release month?

It is what it's.

for the K750 they are aiming for Q2, no sim-free price as yet, expect the usual high early-adopter pricing for the first few stock cycles...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

I like the look of the K750. Kinda like the old T610, which I think was the best looking phone sony ericsson designed. Actually I just checked again and its very very similar to the T610. But with a practically usable camera and expansion. nice.

K750 is more like the T630 than the T610 though (and the T610 was a much better looking handset out of those two)... only come across pics of the black one so far... would like to see the silver model as that may look nicer (than the black)

K750 is more like the T630 than the T610 though (and the T610 was a much better looking handset out of those two)... only come across pics of the black one so far... would like to see the silver model as that may look nicer (than the black)
    Just wondering if the colour option was referring to the black and silver combination of the phone maybe as opposed to two different colour phones?

It is what it's.

only info i've read so far is from the PR which just says "The K750 is available in black and silver...", but sounds like two models rather than a combination, will have some time with SE and the new releases in a few days so will try and find out then

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

whiskeyman wrote:
    I think the advances in mobiles like this is going to kill off portable music devices like the iPod.
    Think about it.. mobiles will just incorporate these features, leaving no other USP for iPod devices.
    Sony already have the brand "walkman" to pack a punch... I think Apple better move fast and hook up with a mobile firm to keep long term options open.

Otherwise, when it comes to the crunch, the core market for the iPod will vanish...
    Apple have signed a deal with motorola to incorporate itunes support into some of their phones. We should start seeing these before christmas I believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭ranDom_tAsk

The K750i goes on sale this quarter around the world and will be available in black and silver variations.

released images available on SE site (Press Area) and mobileburn.com

• Advertisement
Advertisement