Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Download cap on IOL BB free trial?

• 05-03-2005 9:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭

Just got IOL BB yesterday and I've been on allofmp3.com cleaning the place out.

Don't remember any mention of it so is there any download cap on the 3 month free trial?
    cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

afaik the trial is the 8gig package with the 48:1 contention ratio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

its a free trial and no contracts have been signed right so it is unlimited for the three months. IMHO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

the trial is whatever package you asked for when you rang them, if you didnt say you wanted the broadband plus you wont get that but im not sure if they can charge you for going over the cap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

IOL do nothing about going over it lol i have been 3GB over it and i didnt get charged a penny as they dont want to lose customers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

I ordered the BB plus last week, how long did your take to arrive, ive been told to expect 15days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

I ordered the BB plus last week, how long did your take to arrive, ive been told to expect 15days.

I ordered it ages ago, must have been January.
    Thought they'd forgotten about it or canceled without telling me but then a letter arrived telling me to expect it. It arrived that evening.

15 days might be a bit ambitious but maybe they have loads of modems in stock by now or something.

I'm gonna get onto them about the cap on Monday just to be safe.
    Can't afford the service at the moment so no way i can pay whatever charge it is for going over.
    How much is it they charge per MB or whatever after exceeding the cap?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭chorus techy

Err, well lets see - they never said anything to me about downloading 8gb in one week (25gb in total in one month) during the free trial so I'd say its fairly safe to forget worrying about the caps! biggrin.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,981 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Well I've been obeying the 16gig limit since thats what I ordered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

Giblet wrote:
    Well I've been obeying the 16gig limit since thats what I ordered.

A fine upstanding citizen, good for you :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

hehe i've downloaded 8Gb in the last 5 days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Xcellor

If you havent signed anything or accepted any terms of service then you don't owe anything. But they can cut you off at their discretion. Of course not the sort of thing you want to do if you want new customers to stay with you...

X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

Will probably be the whole 15 working days, I got mine sooner cause I had a modem from eircom so got online a week early and downloaded 16gig in 5 days left in that month. The modem arrived exactly 15 working days after the letter came out so unless youve got a modem already i wouldnt expect it any earlier. But esat are very unpredictable so you never know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

RichyX wrote:
    I ordered it ages ago, must have been January.
    Thought they'd forgotten about it or canceled without telling me but then a letter arrived telling me to expect it. It arrived that evening.

15 days might be a bit ambitious but maybe they have loads of modems in stock by now or something.

I'm gonna get onto them about the cap on Monday just to be safe.
    Can't afford the service at the moment so no way i can pay whatever charge it is for going over.
    How much is it they charge per MB or whatever after exceeding the cap?
    Got it just yesterday which is about 6 days, not bad, allthough it was the IOLBB Plus package and was sent using buisness priority.

Advertisement