Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone Driving To Fermoy to Work?

Options
  • 05-03-2005 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭

I just sold my car today for a good price and now I'm a bit stuck for the next week until I get things sorted out. So I was wondering if anyone travels from Douglas/Rochestown daily to Fermoy (where I work). I would pay the petrol costs.

Many thanks,
    Nick

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

I just sold my car today for a good price and now I'm a bit stuck for the next week until I get things sorted out. So I was wondering if anyone travels from Douglas/Rochestown daily to Fermoy (where I work). I would pay the petrol costs.

Many thanks,
    Nick

1. rent a car?
    2. Get the bus
    Route 223 Rochestown Road > Parnell Place Bus Station
    then (after a 1hour+ wait)
    Route 71 Parnell Place Bus Station > Fermoy (The bus will be marked as Fermoy/Athlone)
    Feach ar sin
    http://194.106.151.88/jplan/bin/query.exe/en?seqnr=1&ident=0z.0153188.1110063741&OK#focus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭MeatProduct

Hi Vector,

Yes, I had considered this but it really does waste a whole lot of time. I can't rent a car cause I'm on a provisional license :(

Thanks for the suggestions though.

Nick

Hi Vector,

Yes, I had considered this but it really does waste a whole lot of time. I can't rent a car cause I'm on a provisional license :(

Thanks for the suggestions though.

Nick

Have a decent look at the bus time tables again (there are pdfs on the BE website)
    maybe you could minimise wastage in the bus station to an acceptable 20mins or something. It would be handy for future reference to see if you could just in case you needed to get the bus in the future.

vector wrote:
    Have a decent look at the bus time tables again (there are pdfs on the BE website)
    maybe you could minimise wastage in the bus station to an acceptable 20mins or something. It would be handy for future reference to see if you could just in case you needed to get the bus in the future.
    That's true. Maybe I could read a book during the waiting times also. So I won't have to do it for too long I suppose.

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

The main Expressway bus to Dublin (which leaves every 2 hrs I think) also stops in Fermoy - may be more convenient than the 71.

Great Island Motors in Cobh (office in the city too) will rent cars to provisional licence holders.

• Advertisement

The main Expressway bus to Dublin (which leaves every 2 hrs I think) also stops in Fermoy - may be more convenient than the 71.

Great Island Motors in Cobh (office in the city too) will rent cars to provisional licence holders.

"Aircoach" Cork > Dublin (stops in fermoy)
    & in the opposite direction two :)

http://www.aircoach.ie

Thanks guys, I got the Cork -> Dublin bus this morning and read a good book durning the 1.5 hours of the trip. Might rent a car though from that place.

Thanks,
    Nick

Advertisement