Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Netgear DG834GT connect to ESAT

• 05-03-2005 9:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Can someone help get me connected. I ahve a broadband connection using the Zyxel supplied by Esat but cannot connect with the new Netgear Router modem.
    :(:(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

rocking wrote:
    Can someone help get me connected. I ahve a broadband connection using the Zyxel supplied by Esat but cannot connect with the new Netgear Router modem.
    :(:(

Have you tried :- ftp://downloads.netgear.com/files/dg834gt_install_guide_112904.pdf

you need to configure the router !!

1. go to http://192.168.0.1
    2. Adjust router settings.
    3. It should work !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 rocking

Thanks for info but I have the pdf installation guide and I have tried to configure modem/ router using LLC 8 35 as advised by Esat. I have tried a cloned MAC address. I can ping the router and at this stage I have a green light on the internet but cannot get web connection. In basic settings I said no to ISP log in but do I need an account name and domain name?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

rocking wrote:
    Thanks for info but I have the pdf installation guide and I have tried to configure modem/ router using LLC 8 35 as advised by Esat. I have tried a cloned MAC address. I can ping the router and at this stage I have a green light on the internet but cannot get web connection. In basic settings I said no to ISP log in but do I need an account name and domain name?

ESAt have protocol settings on thier website :-)

have a look m8, hard to explain on boards !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,747 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

rocking wrote:

I have the same router, the same broadband service, and exactly the same problem. I have connectivity to the router ok so the problem is definitely an Internet connection issue. I've trawled Esat's site and yes they do publish primary and secondary DNS addresses but when I plug this into the router via the management page little seems to have changed. I still can't connect to the Internet.

When I signed up with ESAT a year ago I was never provided with a username/password - everything was tied to my phone number and all settings were automatically detected. I actually didn't have to do anything other than plug the zyxel router in. This time around I've been fiddling with the Neatgear router with no joy. Anyone on here connected to ESAT with this specific router? Care to share some tips?

TIA.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭ChessHacker

Hello.

I've the same problem.
    My SMC Barricade 7401BRA UK v2.0 connects (after many PPP authentication failures) but the Netgear refuses to even see the ADSL link??

Would it have anything to do with the fact that it was bought in the UK?

I'm using password authentication, VPI=8, VCI=35, Mux: LLC, encapsulation PPPoE.

Does the phone cable have to be crossed for the UK model?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 setanta

Guys,

Anyone have any suggestions here - I have the same problem with ESAT and the Netgear modem

I have Esat BT Broadband and it has worked perfectly with the Zyxel modem - Just bought the Netgear DG834GT to go wireless and it's not finding the ADSL link - yet here I am back on the Zyxel and it's working fine.

Any help greatly appreciated!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭ChessHacker

Hello.

Get the v1.01.30 firmware.
    It worked instantly for me after two days of messing.
    Try http://forum1.netgear.com/support/viewtopic.php?p=58764#58764
    or http://www.cifi.com/computing/files.html

Send me a message if you can't find it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

i've been with Esat for over 2 years now and i have used both a US Robotics and currently using a Buffalo Router/ADSL modem, never had any problems switching from the Zxyel modem!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 setanta

Chesshacker,

Thanks a million for that firmware link - made the change and it worked a treat

It saved me a whole lot of time and frustration

Thanks again

Advertisement