Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

man utd versus AC milian

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

Maybe we should say a novena? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Remember the spirit of 1999....... ;)

Here we go guys...

0-0 HT Giggs hit the post, Kaka I think hit the crossbar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Another superb 1st half between these 2 sides just like 2 weeks ago. This is how the best players in the world play football both sides trying to win, AC sitting back and ripping Utd apart on the break (utd done well at the back so far) And Utd trying to force the game and attack but every time they give the ball away Milan are instantly attacking.

Ronaldo vs Maldini is an excellent battle, lol poor Chris hasnt skinned him once and has switch wings. Cafu vs Heinze on the other wing excellent too about even in that one.

Hope 2nd half just as good to watch.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,655 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

hmm the Milian defence are giving no space to Van or Ronney i believe the break through is on Cafu's side

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭talla

Match could go either way at the moment. I've more confidence in Milan taking their chances first than United. Rooney hasn't shown up again even though hes playing in "his" position. I think Fergie should take Van Nistleroy off fairly soon, he's nowhere near match fit, a couple of yards off the pace, you could see it for his chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

crespo, tis a shame Utd are gone now, up the pool tomorrow:)

Defenite peno for Milan there

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,048 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Sir Alex, Thank you ver much for all the success over the last 18and a half years, but please step down at the end of this season.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Ac stomped "we are better" all over Utd in the 2nd half.

Superb goal probably one of the best headers of a ball ever! There was only 1 place that ball was going in :eek:

Good game Utd played well AC just better, imo 2 of the best teams on form in the world atm. And the better won.

Stam was man of the match imo, Utd would have scored gauranteed if not for him.

Cant wait to read the fanboy replies about sacking managers and shooting Silvestre etc: :D

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Leonard wrote:
    Sir Alex, Thank you ver much for all the success over the last 18and a half years, but please step down at the end of this season.

Stop being a clown.

Man Utd deserved to lose. They were simply outclassed in both legs. If we had taken our chances ,it would have been different but we didn't and that was that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Shred

I really enjoyed that game, Milan were absolutely immense - they barely gave united an inch and kept fighting for the ball 'til the end. They thouroughly deserve to go through to the quarters IMO

Please get a new CB and ditch silvestre to the bench. Sign Gattuso. For the love of God.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,314 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Milan were the definite superior team over the 2 legs. Celtic are the only team to score at the San Siro in this years Champions League :eek:

cheesedude wrote:
    Stop being a clown.

Man Utd deserved to lose. They were simply outclassed in both legs. If we had taken our chances ,it would have been different but we didn't and that was that.

I have not made this statement on tonights preformances. Look back over this season and see how many errors he has made over this season alone. Look at last saturday for instance, A must win game and he left 3 of his top players on the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

Well over the 2 legs the best team won, no doubt about it.
    They controlled the game and kept it at their tempo and gave manu no space.

I could see the goal comming. Cafu just had way too much space down that right at times. Man u just couldnt do anything really. They needed the goal lead from he first game not the other way around.

Gatusso was brilliant and deserves motm. Manu did ok but just werent as good as AC when it came to breaking them down. Ronaldo really needs to be told not to shoot for a while at all. Just tell him to play through balls for a while even if the shot is the better option so he just starts doing it all the time.

I think Milan will win it. They are just too tough to break down.

Leonard wrote:
    i kind of agree a small bit

should have taken off Ronney and bring on Smith

just to say for me Alex has done a bad job this season

my god, Howard was laughable

****ing wasters

fair play to AC Milian out played united

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Leonard wrote:
    rolleyes.gif

Best team won congrats to Milan, Dissapointed with Uniteds passing and ball control . Enjopyable game all the same , FA cup now our most realistic chance of silverware this season.

• Advertisement

cheesedude wrote:
    Please get a new CB and ditch silvestre to the bench. Sign Gattuso. For the love of God.

Fade2black made a simuliar statement to this earlier on in this thread and got a slating. Silvestre has to go and Rooney has to start preforming. He was useless tonight, but was not alone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Well United were terrible. Not one good player on the pitch for them, except maybe Ferdinand. Ronaldo was an absolute disgrace, and Giggs did'nt even show up. Its time to break up this team I think, Scholes/Giggs etc arent up to it any more, or else they don't care.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Too many players didn't perform and the ones that did all played for milan.We lacked any invention going forward apart from giggs effort.Milan looked in control throughout the game. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

Pity that bit of luck wasnt with manu with gigg's post effort or that ruud still hasnt gotten his touch back. O well till next year.

Congragulations to Milan, they were far the beter team in both matches. They just did all the simple things well, whereas united could barely pass the ball, they were comical at times.

Where to start, i've been saying it since Ferdinand was signed, hes a very good premiership defender, but thats all. He can't concentrate for the entire 90 minutes in a match and gets found out in European fotball. He hadnt a clue where Crespo was for his header (you could argue that Cafu had so much time on the ball to put in the cross, but Heinze was left on his own constantly by Giggs and then Fortune when he came on).

Rooney, nothing from him. Again couldnt do the simple things.

Van Nistleroy, i feel sorry for him, he clearly wasnt fit and would have taken those 2 chances if he was fit. i can't fault him.

Giggs, nothiing in attack, nothing in defence, but what does he care, hes got his new contract.

Scholes and keane, very average and totally outrun throughout the game.

Brown i thpough had a good game.

Heinze had good and bad moments(bad moments due to no support from anyone) but kept trying to the end.

Sylvestre, was a disaster from start to finish.

Finally, Ronaldo...I've had enough of him, if United get an offer for him in the summer, i hope they take it. Looking at the match, he's lost the the respect of all his team mates and they are sick of him. You can't have a player like that in your team, i don't care what age he is.

Gattuso, what a legend, best player on the pitch in both legs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Why would Gattuso want to leave Milan to sign for Man U? :/

From the bits I saw of this game Man U were totally outplayed and outclassed by a much better team.

• Advertisement

talla wrote:
    Congragulations to Milan, they were far the beter team in both matches. They just did all the simple things well, whereas united could barely pass the ball, they were comical at times.

Rooney, nothing from him. Again couldnt do the simple things.

Sylvestre, was a disaster from start to finish.

Gattuso, what a legend, best player on the pitch in both legs.

Spot on mate. Totally agree with these points...

Sylvestre, wat a waste of space my god hes useless and Howard hes the worse keeper i saw for ages
    and Ronaldo people by now know what i think of him, but **** off Ronaldo
    and Ronney im disappointed
    scholes :(:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,319 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Speaking as a United supporter Milan were by far the better team over the two legs.
    Man Utd have been in a steady decline since 99 and are now a very average predictable team.
    They have lost their cutting edge and failed to score in over 185 minutes of football something I cant ever remember a recent United team do.
    Ronaldo is a waste of space .He hasnt a clue of what to do ,and Giggs is past his best.
    Keane and Schole look like too old men in midfield .
    The 4-5-1 formation has been the ruination of Man U in Europe.
    They must stop wasting money on overated players esp English players and buy tried and trusted talent.
    The whole midfield will need to be replaced .
    I'm not too disappointed they were knocked out as I expected it.
    They have been codding themselves this season.
    The old United would thrash bum sides like Portsmouth and other bottom of the league teams.
    This year they barely beat them.
    Everton are fourth in the Premiership .
    A team that can barely string 4 passes together.
    It shows what a poor league it is.
    1 Champions league in 10 years.
    Desperate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

no complaints, milan were just the better side.

utd were toothless upfront, midfield was poor and lightweight. rooney shouldnt have been playing imo as he cant fit into utd's system, smith should have been taken on immediately after milan scored.

great goal by crespo, im not going to blame the defence for that. class ball in, pulls off, and just a class finish-unstoppable. milan weren't tested at all tonight and thats a shame because they do have weaknesses. utd were just poor.

lacked sharpness and awareness. one plus was ronaldo. i dont care what anyone says, that kid is class. he was the only utd player to look for the ball and take people on after milan scored. ok, he took a couple of shots on that screwed wide but his hunger and desire stood out above everyone else. 2 front players cost us the match.

gattuso must be on fergie's summer list after that, reminded me so much of heinze tonight with his no-nonsense style and 110% going into everything.

now who was it a few weeks ago that said he was delighted to see crespo playing instead of shev? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

smemon wrote:
    gattuso must be on fergie's summer list after that, reminded me so much of heinze tonight with his no-nonsense style and 110% going into everything.
    As someone already pointed out, why would anyone take a step down to go from Milan to Man Utd?

• Advertisement

1 Champions league in 10 years.

One team in the final in over 20 years even, a very over rated league imo, though I do fancy that to change this year.
    gattuso must be on fergie's summer list after that

Again, why the hell would he leave AC Milan to goto Man U? :confused: why would AC Milan sell a player who is absolutley loved there to Man U? :confused:

it could have been different if we had the man himself
    Ronaldinho. :(:(

snoopdog wrote:
    it could have been different if we had the man himself
    Ronaldino :(:(

Spell his name at least will ya?

Ronaldinho.

snoopdog wrote:
    and Ronaldo people by now what i think of him but **** off Ronaldo
    and Ronney im disappointed
    scholes :(:(

What the hell are you trying to say?

cheesedude wrote:
    What the hell are you trying to say?
    sorry im so pissed off right now just cant think right

Slash/ED wrote:

Again, why the hell would he leave AC Milan to goto Man U? :confused: why would AC Milan sell a player who is absolutley loved there to Man U? :confused:

eh maybe because he stated his love and admiration for utd earlier in the week :confused::confused::confused::confused:

smemon wrote:
    eh maybe because he stated his love and admiration for utd earlier in the week :confused::confused::confused::confused:

You must be joking of you thinks that sort of comment to the media before a game means anything.

smemon wrote:
    got a point there smemon

he said utd 'fascinated' him. now to me, that would sound like IF he was moving, utd would be an option.

why would he lie? he also said he was happy at milan. but by your logic that means he's not!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

I thought United would loose by 1-0.

What was going on, They kept giving the ball away. Where was Rooney ? keane had his work cut out in the middle of midfield with Milans game plan alright.

United are very far off from what they were 5 years ago.

Fergie has to go IMO ( jolly ducks)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

If Ferguson hadn't fielded a bunch of kids against Fenerbahce they'd have enjoyed a tie against Werder Bremen, who were incidently trashed by Lyon 10-2 tonight. Ferguson is to blame.

smemon wrote:

Smemon you are quite possibly one of the worst fans of Man Utd to represent. You make us sound like idiots. He did not state any such thing. Stop reading the bloody sun.

If Ferguson hadn't fielded a bunch of kids against Fenerbahce they'd have enjoyed a tie against Werder Bremen, who were incidently trashed by Lyon 10-2 tonight. Ferguson is to blame.

Another **** up by Fergie, Thats what I am trying to say. So I assume you agree with my earlier post

snoopdog wrote:
    got a point there smemon

No. No he does not.

smemon wrote:
    he said utd 'fascinated' him. now to me, that would sound like IF he was moving, utd would be an option.

why would he lie? he also said he was happy at milan. but by your logic that means he's not!

Jaysus the Deportivo manager made similar comments about Alan Moore but I doubt he'll be playing La Liga football anytime soon. He was probably asked by the media about Man U and made some diplomatic comments as happens before every major match. To read anything into that that you think he'll sign for Man U in the summer you're completley and totally deluding yourself. AC Milan wouldn't sell him and why would he tell Milan that he wants to leave and goto an inferior team in an inferior league that he's just completley outclassed?

Leonard wrote:
    Another **** up by Fergie, Thats what I am trying to say. So I assume you agree with my earlier post

No. How the hell was he to know that is the way it would go????

If it happened we got Lyon and lost to them then people would say "if he didn't do that...we would play Bremen instead...."

In other words, there is no point ridiculing what could or could not have been done.

cheesedude wrote:
    No. No he does not.
    enlighten me then why smemon doesnt have a good point

cheesedude wrote:
    Smemon you are quite possibly one of the worst fans of Man Utd to represent. You make us sound like idiots. He did not state any such thing. Stop reading the bloody sun.

hang on a second, ive got evidence to back up a point, your basing yours on opinion. yet im the idiot :phttp://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/4323221.stm

smemon wrote:
    hang on a second, ive got evidence to back up a point, your basing yours on opinion. yet im the idiot :phttp://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/4323221.stm
    nice one

i say we are drifting away from the main point of this thread

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

heh. poor Utd performace.

the 'clash' between Ronaldo and Cafe near the end summed it up :: Ronaldo bounces off Cafu trying to act big - Cafe laughs at him, Ronaldo again tried to push him away. muppet.

Advertisement