Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Porting to o2 prepaid

Options
  • 06-03-2005 1:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know what o2's policy on porting is from meteor prepaid to o2 prepaid. Was thinking of buying a phone from the website but there is no info on porting existing numbers.

Can you port your existing number once you get the o2 number with the new phone?

Thanks

Comments

I think you can only port in a store, not online. They'll supply you with a blank sim with no credit, after the Meteor SIM goes dead you call them and give them the SIM card number of the O2 card.

I'd assume you could then go online and buy an upgrade pack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Karsini wrote:
    I think you can only port in a store, not online. They'll supply you with a blank sim with no credit, after the Meteor SIM goes dead you call them and give them the SIM card number of the O2 card.

I'd assume you could then go online and buy an upgrade pack.
    You are quite correct. I ported from meteor to o2 yesterday. Process took a whole 30 mins from the shop ringing o2 to meteor cutting me off.

Only thing I was worried about was that I was not asked to prove that I owned the original number. That way people could port and therefore steal numbers that they don't own.

Does the loosing network check this info?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Bond-007 wrote:
    You are quite correct. I ported from meteor to o2 yesterday. Process took a whole 30 mins from the shop ringing o2 to meteor cutting me off.

Only thing I was worried about was that I was not asked to prove that I owned the original number. That way people could port and therefore steal numbers that they don't own.

Does the loosing network check this info?

Did they not ask you to provide any information? Did they check that you had the meteor sim you were porting from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

John R wrote:
    Did they not ask you to provide any information? Did they check that you had the meteor sim you were porting from?
    No and no. Not asked for any info whatsoever, just the meteor number.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Well that was the shop assistant's fault. We have to ring the number they wanna move and see it ringing in front of us, or ring up the customer care of the network they are moving off and confirm that X is the owner of the number. When moving to o2, you have to fill out what's called a CAF (customer authorisation form) and the shop assistant has to tick a box to say they have validated caller id. O2 also ask if you've checked caller id when you ring up to move the number. If you move to Meteor, they go one step further and ring up the number themselves. The SA would get in huge trouble if it turned out they moved the wrong number.

• Advertisement
Advertisement