Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rte Movie A Simple Plan - on now

• 06-03-2005 1:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭

Hi is anyone else watching this movie?
    it is so terrible I can't stop watching it, it just gets more and more far fetched, its worse then memento!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I thought 'A Simple Plan' was a great film. Billy Bob Thornton and Bill Paxton are both brillant in it!

The last 15-20 minutes are excellent also!

EDIT: Memento? Are you kidding me?! Feckin' amazing film!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

basquille wrote:

EDIT: Memento? Are you kidding me?! Feckin' amazing film!

Yeah - very innovative narrative strategy going on there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

chilipop wrote:
    Hi is anyone else watching this movie?
    it is so terrible I can't stop watching it, it just gets more and more far fetched, its worse then memento!!

Go rent the fast and the furious or dude wheres my car instead....they would probably be more to your taste :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭chilipop

No way they are both ****, I like city of god/ fight club/ amorres perros/ 25th hour/ 21 grams that sort of stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

chilipop wrote:
    No way they are both ****, I like city of god/ fight club/ amorres perros/ 25th hour/ 21 grams that sort of stuff

A Simple Plan was an extremely well plotted, acted and directed film. You complain about how far fetched it is but then you cite Fight Club as a film you like. Do you see where your argument may fall flat? Fight Club is extremely far fetched - still good though.

There's such a thing as 'suspension of disbelief' you know. For the most part it's employed when watching films - because (and this may come as a surprise to you) the majority of films aren't realistic.

• Advertisement
Advertisement