Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scarf Culture

Options
  • 06-03-2005 1:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭

Pissing me off. If its cold, fair enough. But not downstairs in Eamonn Dorans where its ****ing boiling!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭knobbles

scarfs rule!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭asp

They do, but only when your cold. Dont like the fashionalby wearing of scarf's. I can't spell

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

I sometimes keep my scarf on if I'm out because I don't want to lose it or have it stolen out of my jacket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭scarfacemj

And I thought that like scarfs were like sooo passe....
    Women:to a certain degree
    Men:No! but by default they fall into the previous category,falling short of that 'certain degree'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

The Scarf Ace has spoken... badum tssss

• Advertisement

Ah v. good! Give that man a can of coke!

and a scarf....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

scarfs are great. and functional too. cant beat functionality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

Talking about scarfs why does the majority of scarf wearers wear the exact same one that ugly burbury pattern?

I'm sure Wayne Ronney wears Burbury scarfs, chav as ya like!

• Advertisement

and here's to functionality! without it there would be, em, alot of things that don't work....

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Rockiemalt

i quite frequently wear my scarf in college cause its soooooo cold there... but its pretty zig zag colouredy stripes and my other one is jsut rainbow colours...up the scarf weareres

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭memaeve

I love scarves. They're cosy.
    Do I look like the singer from Bloc Party in this scarf Mick?
    xm

Side note are Bloc the real deal or just more hype?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭bandit

scarfacemj wrote:

They're the real hype deal if thats any use to you.

scarfacemj wrote:

their album is real good. little thoughts the single before is missed on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭legofsalmon

The album is really good....

For once the hype is justified... it is brilliant....

Didn't like little thoughts too much, there are certainly better tracks off the album....

"Price of Gas" live is a really treat for anyone so lucky as to hear it.....

And back to regular talk... people will know, will know I have a problem with people wearing scarves in warm areas... that is anti-functional if anything....

Maybe they don't like their necks?

Gavin Henson wears a long sleeved jersey because he doesn't like his wrists ... Some people are just paranoid about things like that.

Although Gavin Henson is a bit of a tool.

scarfs or scarves well i think scarves shmarves... let us take that little grammar/grammer lesson into consideration in the debate... or not.. this is really just drunken ramblin... the bloc party dude does wear a scarf very well nonetheless... as for the music i like it... futureheads are really cool too... i'll continue this rant when i'm sober PS cheers for the coke

Who the hell are Bloc Party?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Milkman Dan

you know who they are, don't give me that..

Im sorry guys but upon a listen to said Party I fail to hear the hype justified, just middle of the road pussy(ie Keane) indie, but then again different strokes I guess.
    What ever happened to guitar music with passion, intelligence and a bit of menace thrown in? Music is in a sorry state indeed. I'd rather go to a Cock party than a Bloc Party and in the words of Bruno "I'm not even gay!".

is a bloc party what happens at legoland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭knobbles

scarfacemj wrote:
    ... guitar music with passion, intelligence and a bit of menace thrown in?

..well for me those very words are as good a description as any for Bloc Party :)

So Here We Are is a beauty

Come on, menace with Bloc Party? They make Coldplay sound like Slayer on speed in hell!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭The Weatherman

scarfacemj wrote:
    Im sorry guys but upon a listen to said Party I fail to hear the hype justified, just middle of the road pussy(ie Keane) indie, but then again different strokes I guess.

"ie Keane"????

how many bloc party songs have you heard?

I'm not comparing them to Keane, just to the new genre that is Pussy Rock, all the kids dig it nowadays. It is unfair to mention Keane in the same sentence though, Bloc aren't that bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Milkman Dan

Bloc Party are a good band who make good music and are enjoyable to listen to.

personally if i want to listen to a band designed by a marketing company i'll listen to ZOO.

haha one of the guys in zoo lives next door to my mate. they had posters all over their house for the single.

bloc party are an excellent band.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

Its a test of coolness literally, as in how long you can wear the big wooly hat and scarf in the hot pub.

As for Bloc Party, not really getting that album (yet), have been more impressed by Kaiser Chiefs album.

Advertisement