Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anybody staying up for GP?

• 06-03-2005 3:20am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭

Looking forward to this, it's a bit of a feck up with the new quali rule though IMO. Turns out Schumi had an engine change and didn't post a lap in quali 2, lady luck not looking kindly on him for this race it would seem.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭irishboy99_

ooh sounds interesting i'd usually be watching but unfortunately i'm in my sister's house which means no ITV or SETANTA as she has sky Digital

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭lardboy

Staying up with a nice whiskey. I'll probably be in bed by lap 8 though! It usually gets boring in the middle of the race, so I'll catch that tomorrow. Always watch the start of the season, and always on ITV! The Irish coverage is dreadful!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

Bad luck with that, luckily for me I get ITV through my normal aerial, couldn't be bothered subscribing to Setanta.

Heh, Ted Kravitz was interviewing some actors from 'The Bill' on the pitlane and he said to them "you must feel right at home here, the place is full of crooks!"
    in an illjudged reference to Australias recent history. He might get some grief for that :D

Some very nice violin players featured too ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 706 ✭✭✭DJB

Just home from the niteclub and watching it on greek satellite cause damn reception on rte is crap.... trying to work out thier comments... e.g. problemo, etc. anyone but schumacher... he's won enough!!! go webber!!!! oh, the greek commentators are gettimg excited about something... back to my phrase book... oh shiat! it's a crappy greek break!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

DJB wrote:
    damn reception on rte is crap....

me thinks you had one to many if you were trying to watch it on RTE. ahh its all over and no schumie, it was not a bad start to the start of the season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 706 ✭✭✭DJB

not even tried to check if it is on rte as reception is crap for all terestial channels in my sisters house in balbriggan. went straight for dodgy greek satellite that she has in. i'm drunk and don't care if i can't spell... it's over now... was it fisicella that won??? i think that's what they r saying! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

yup yup
    fisichella first
    baricello next and alsonso third but it was renault first and third

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

grabbed a few hours kip and got up before the race started. not a bad race (but then i think any race that schuey doesn't win is a good race)

strong result for renault, real happy for fisichella. good work by barrichello not a ferrari fan but he did well to get up to second. nice stuff from alonso also. bit disappointed for coulthard and red bull would have liked him/them to get a podium in their first race.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,757 ✭✭✭smokingman

...all round fun night really...

...I'm off to bed now though...

...gonna pay for this tomorrow afternoon....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭car

sorry now, but are rte only show some of the races this year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

They are not showing any races this season. They lost out in the rights package to Setanta.

Advertisement