Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lvl 60s?

• 06-03-2005 6:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭

I finally hit level 60 this morning. 10 days 22 hours and 40 minutes played. Now I can resume a normal life (somewhat), finally.

How's everyone else coming along? ANyone else hit or close to hitting 60 yet?

I know Dr. Teeth is lvl 54 already as well on my server.

time to go grief alliance lowbies in wetlands :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

You psychos. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

I'm at 5 days play time and level 32.
    Um...
    I'll let you know ;)

P.s. if anyone wants to start a new character let me know either in game on Bladefist, character name Sou, or through a PM. I want to create some alts but the thoughts of starting again from scratch, solo... well its terrifying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

Memnoch wrote:

time to go grief alliance lowbies in wetlands :D

Yeah i bumped into you on Thandol Span Bridge.You got me on my lonesome (lvl 30). Couldnt believe a question marked Mage would get off his mount and attack a character 1/2 its level.Thought it was pretty gay tbh. Although it was pretty funny when a group of lvl 28's chased you of into the distance.

/me shakes head in disapproval

For shame. For shame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Got to 19 tonight \o/

Someone is selling they're lvl 60 character on Ebay atm, last time I looked the bid was over €1000

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

c0rk3r wrote:
    Yeah i bumped into you on Thandol Span Bridge.You got me on my lonesome (lvl 30). Couldnt believe a question marked Mage would get off his mount and attack a character 1/2 its level.Thought it was pretty gay tbh. Although it was pretty funny when a group of lvl 28's chased you of into the distance.

/me shakes head in disapproval

For shame. For shame.

The best bit is that they all died!

welcome to the pvp server :)

TBH wow is pretty tame. I'm guessing its ur first pvp MMO. Its actually impossible for me to grief you because there isn't a penatly, you don't lose exp or items on death, at worst its a short run back to your corpse.

As for fair fights, if you wanted that then you should have gone to a pve server where you can happily duel and wait till you reach battlegrounds after getting all the items you think you need.

In reality pvp will always be uneven with more numbers on one side or the other, or the guy ganking you is gonna be 10+ above you or the guy you gank will be 10+ below you.

I'll be ganking lowbies in wetlands as long as it remains funny and i've nothing better to do in game (i.e. honor system /battlegrounds).

The sad thing is that a group of 8-10 lvl 30s can easily kill a level 60 if they all work together because resists and hit/miss don't work the same in pvp as they do in PvE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Ganking I can deal with (just run back to my corpse and I'm back to whatever I was doing), it's the corpse camping and griefing (repeatedly coming after the same person and killing them) that annoys me. The other day I was around lvl30 and a group of about 6 or 7 lvl30+ people actually stood on top of my corpse waiting for me to respawn, to try and kill me again. I just res'd as far away as I could and kept running , and blink is a life saver. They gave up eventually :)

All part of PVP though, you get annoyed at the time but meh... whatever. It's not like there's any real penalities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭CodeMonkey

Memnoch wrote:
    TBH wow is pretty tame. I'm guessing its ur first pvp MMO. Its actually impossible for me to grief you because there isn't a penatly, you don't lose exp or items on death, at worst its a short run back to your corpse.
    That depends on what you mean by grief and penalties. I'd rather not constantly walk back to my corpse because some high level think it's funny to kill me. It wastes a lot of time which I value cause I can't play it 24/7 and it's rather immature. Worst place to be in for horde is Tauren Mills because there are alliance groups everywhere and they are always ready to jump you. I even had a group of 3 who chased me all the way to Silverpines. Of course these days I just sacrafice my void walker for the shield and use a swift potion to run away when I am attacked my a high level or a gang.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Actually, I was just talking about this with my brother. I've noticed that for some reason Gnomes don't seem to gank as much as other races. I've been passed by a number of times by Gnomes 6 levels above me, whereas normally other races jump on sight unless they are on a horse and have places to go.

Oh, and where are the rest of those levelling tips Mem, we want to catch up? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

Memnoch wrote:
    The sad thing is that a group of 8-10 lvl 30s can easily kill a level 60 if they all work together because resists and hit/miss don't work the same in pvp as they do in PvE.

I think that's brilliant personally. Means you can gank the lowbies but at least there's a bit of excitement when they group up. I got chased by over 20 level 25-32 alliance half way across the wetlands as I was killing them at the elite dark iron dwarves at lvl 40.

Much more fun than just standing there impervious to their attacks.

Greg

I'd be guessing what he meant was that it was sad that they didn't group together.

• Advertisement

quozl wrote:
    I think that's brilliant personally. Means you can gank the lowbies but at least there's a bit of excitement when they group up. I got chased by over 20 level 25-32 alliance half way across the wetlands as I was killing them at the elite dark iron dwarves at lvl 40.

Much more fun than just standing there impervious to their attacks.

Greg

aye i agree. I didn't write that bit properly. what i meant is that its sad that they don't try this. If they group up they can gank you and take you down. Instead its sad that they just stand there stupidly while I pick them off one at a time at my leisure.

The best for me yesterday was when i ran in and they were fighitng elite iron dwarves there were easily 15 or so of them there in the middle area like 3 full groups, I ran in and spammed Insta-aoe and ganked em all :D including the dwarves that they were fighting :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

I see US and EU servers are similar PvP wise :)

Finally reached level 60 on a US server (yes yes i took my time :) ).
    Gotta figure out what i want to do now tho it is nice to finally reach the end of the first step.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭CodeMonkey

Memnoch wrote:
    aye i agree. I didn't write that bit properly. what i meant is that its sad that they don't try this. If they group up they can gank you and take you down. Instead its sad that they just stand there stupidly while I pick them off one at a time at my leisure.
    People don't because there is no point putting up a fight just to entertain some bored high level. You'll just raise and come back and they obviously want to do some sorta quest if they are in groups already.
    The best for me yesterday was when i ran in and they were fighitng elite iron dwarves there were easily 15 or so of them there in the middle area like 3 full groups, I ran in and spammed Insta-aoe and ganked em all :D including the dwarves that they were fighting :P
    That makes you sound like an ass. I'd be very pissed off if someone did that to me when I am doing some quest. Can't believe you're even proud of it and telling people about it. Stop harrassing low levels and pick on someone your own level.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

They get xp bonuses for leveling in Contested Areas, thats the risk they take. I've seen plenty of Horde Highbies running away from Darkshire town because all the late 20's and early 30s there grouped up to take them on and stop them ganking lowbies. They didnt get far either! (mind you DS is always under attack from SOMETHING... :) )

DeV. 28 Mage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

Memnoch wrote:
    The best bit is that they all died!QUOTE]

Thats a bit deceptive.The only reason they died was because a bunch of Rapters in the highlands ganked them and not you.As i remember it you were running like a bitch with 1/2 health.

you've guessed wrong ive played Daoc PvP.

As for killing lowbies in the wetlands at your level, i think its pathetic but thats just my opinion.

DeVore wrote:
    (mind you DS is always under attack from SOMETHING... :) )
    I think Duskwood was the most well realised bit of the game (in a role play sense) I came across on my way to a 45 Hunter on a US server. Stranglethorn Vale was cool too but not as good as Mirkwood from the Lord of the Rings meets night of the living dead. :)

Stiches had me in well.... stitches.

c0rk3r wrote:
    Memnoch wrote:
    As for killing lowbies in the wetlands at your level, i think its pathetic but thats just my opinion.
    I don't personally see the point either, but why are you playing on a PvP server if you don't want to encounter those sort of situations?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Give him a break lads, sometimes its fun to grey gank people.

As Koneko said griefing I wouldnt agree with.

But sometimes when you are a little bored its fun to go to some lowbie area sneak up someone wait for him to pull (In daoc it was that bit sweeter, cus you lose Xp :P ) and then jump out infront of them watch them jump and see if they panic ! ;)

lol, Its fun to see that they do, well to me it is, most of the time they charge you with everything they got all the time the mob is attacking them, I use to just stand their and block all attacks, and spam laugh or dance or something stupid and eventually the mob kills them

Or sometimes you find the innocent\experianced guy who a: doesnt recognise that you are the enemy or b: knows that he is fked either way so will try and kill the mob first so he wont lose xp, so he kills the mob and then you walk off and the poor guy doesnt know whether to run for shelter or just keep soloing

To be honest, most of the time I simply wouldnt be bothered killing them unless they attacked me, I liked to panic them though :)

But, that not is to say I wouldnt, as far as I am concerned once you log on to a PvP server you should expect to be ganked and all the other nasty crap that can be a pain in the ass when lvling, to me it makes the game interesting and fun

CodeMonkey wrote:
    That makes you sound like an ass. I'd be very pissed off if someone did that to me when I am doing some quest. Can't believe you're even proud of it and telling people about it. Stop harrassing low levels and pick on someone your own level.

yes i'm an ass because I annoy the err enemy. Yes thats it. Oh noes!!1111 What a terrible thing to do.

c0rk3r wrote:

Thats a bit deceptive.The only reason they died was because a bunch of Rapters in the highlands ganked them and not you.As i remember it you were running like a bitch with 1/2 health.

you've guessed wrong ive played Daoc PvP.

actually I purposefully ran them into the raptors because i know they have a much larger agro radius at that level than me. And i wouldn't have died if i hadn't idioticially ran myself into a dead end. But then I came back and helped the raptors gank the remaining ones. Was great F U N!

your welcome to your opinion, but i'll do it as long as i enjoy it

• Advertisement

Memnoch wrote:
    yes i'm an ass because I annoy the err enemy. Yes thats it. Oh noes!!1111 What a terrible thing to do.
    Perhaps what people might have been suggesting is that there may be more constructive ways of annoying the enemy, like ganking lvl 50+ lowbies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

Exactly...

Blizz really should have the Honour system in place at this stage, it's pretty ridiculous that they don't.

If you're a high level then IMO you should act honourably even without the system in place, sure, go kill some lvl 50's, at least it's somewhat more dangerous than wandering around killing lvl 20-30 characters who haven't a hope against you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

Pretty good playtime for 60 there Memnoch. A guy in my guild did it in 7 days 16 hours playtime, just pure grinding.

A guy from <Curse> on another server did it in 6 days.

I'm currently level 41 after 5 days 7 hours played, which is alright I suppose, hoping for 60 by Easter.

Drakar wrote:
    Perhaps what people might have been suggesting is that there may be more constructive ways of annoying the enemy, like ganking lvl 50+ lowbies.

the problem with that is that its a pain in the ass to find level 50s. As there aren't many of them around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

was around STV today when a call went out that 2 horde were campin nesingwarys. Unknown level. I go, what the hell ill put my new found 60ness to good use.
    I get there and its a lvl 60 warrior and lvl 60 rogue. I had planned to just run in and help but this changed my mind slightly. Instead i prowl after the lowbie alliance guys who put out the call waiting for the horde to show up again.
    Lo and behold 2 mins later they did. They start attacking the 30's so i pop outta prowl hit em with a cpl spells from range so they dont know im there (hiding behind a tree :) ) and almost kill the warrior before they notice. By this stage the 2 30's have been ground into dust and with 2 of em taking it in turns to stun me i have no choice but to turn tail and run :p

I ask my guild for a lil help and a bunch of 40's turn up and together we drive off the horde... for about 10mins. The 2 60's come back with another 3 lvl 60 rogues so we get taken apart and just disperese. I end up just prowling around the area ambushing them whenever they try to gank a lowbie. More often than not they killl the lowbie and then turn on me (after calling for their friends to come and help) so i have no choice but to run again. This goes on for about 30mins before i get bored.

Moral of the story, theres more fun in a challenge and using ur wits than just running into a bunch of lvl 30's and spamming aoe which u know will kill them in seconds. Im not surprise that you do it, its happened so often to me but to be totally honest id get bored just killing lowbies the whole time. I need a challenge :)

ya i got bored of it eventually, still it was fun while it lasted. Come on blizzard battle grounds would be nice :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

2 Two days horde had taken over refuge point on manoroth, u fly straight in and immediately get attacked by 8 lvl 55+ in there. All fun in good fun though, i imagine i'll be doing the same when i reach that lvl hehe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Megatron

As was said , it's a PvP server ... you will be ganked.

Esp when your in a zone where you know the enemy can pound you .

I personaly like this sort of XP ( Thill seeker that i am :rolleyes: ) so it's all fun for me.

plus being able to call in guild for the 7 deadly sins ( 7 rouges) to come and help ( they range from lvl 30 - 60) is always another good one =)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Tell me, since im only a ickle lvl 13 or so

Do you get much more xp lvling in a contested zone ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

There is no 'for shame' killing low level players. You've probably heard it a thousand times, but if you don't want to get PK'ed, play on a PvE server. If a level 60 gets off his mount to kill you then hes probably doing the right thing (from a RP perspective anyway). Its always your own fault if you get PK'ed... let it fuel your own desire for revenge.

I agree that corpse camping is bordering on lame, but consistently going after the same player is perfectly fine by me, if he lets himself get killed repeatedly then its his own fault. If it bothers him then he should scurry off into safe territory. The more ruthless the better imo, I just wish there were bigger rewards for being nasty to the opposition.

Advertisement