Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Barca vs Chelsea

• 06-03-2005 12:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?hlid=260650&CPID=8&CLID=8&lid=&title=Robben+set+for+Barca+return&channel=Premiership

Apparently Robben could play.
    I think this will be a very interesting game, esepecially if Chelsea get an early goal.
    I'd love to see one of the best attacks in the world try break down on of the best defenses in the world, it'd be cool.

That said, I think Barca will score, so Chelsea will have to score 2, 3 to win, which could leave open a gap.
    Without Drogba definately, and probably without Robben, this is going to be a tough game, but it appears that Mourinho has had luck go his way recently so I ain't writing them off anymore

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Going to be a tight game, this could go to ET, Barca's central defence is their weakest link.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

"Famous Italian referee Pierluigi Collina will referee the match on Wednesday, which will come as a huge boost to Mourinho.

The Chelsea boss had criticised Anders Frisk for his display at Camp Nou, and accused Frank Rijkaard for talking to the Swedish official at half time.

Mourinho had called or a strong referee like Collina to officiate in the second leg and his wish has been granted."

this is why mourino always opens his big mouth....they always give him what he wants

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

I think Chelsea are better without Drogba, Gudjohnsen always seems more of a goal threat. Should be a fascinating battle.

Who are all the boards neutrals going to watch - Chelsea or United?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

i'll probably watch the United game as I'm a huge fan of shevchenko, and dont' really get to see milan play much. +i want to see if the united youngsters can perform where it really matters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

eyerer wrote:
    this is why mourino always opens his big mouth....they always give him what he wants

To be fair their putting the best referee in the world into the biggest game on the night. Whats wrong with Mourinhio getting what he wants in this instance as Colina is the best ref in the world and will make better decisons that other refs , would you prefer someone like Frisk who was biased in Barca's favour last time ? .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

MrJoeSoap wrote:

Fekkin tv and its powers of choice :(
    And you have to watch all of one when they no on Sky to see the highlights of the other after it.

Would expect Barca to win simply because Chelsea have to score and will commit players forward altho after watching Barca last night if Iniesta is playing barca be hoping their one chance doesnt fall to him (5 times one on one with keeper missed em all).

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

im guessing that robben will make a sub appearance,to play him from the beginning is just too risky

i predict a 2-1 scoreline and going to ET and barca wont have it nearly as easy as it was in the 1st leg,should be a cracker

MrJoeSoap wrote:

chelsea. i want to see them get beaten, and i think barca are a good side to watch.

i want united to get beaten as well, but i dont like watching them
    Big Ears wrote:
    To be fair their putting the best referee in the world into the biggest game on the night. Whats wrong with Mourinhio getting what he wants in this instance as Colina is the best ref in the world and will make better decisons that other refs , would you prefer someone like Frisk who was biased in Barca's favour last time ? .

was frisk really biased, or do you just think that because of what mourinho said?
    i think that collina is the best ref, but im suspicious of mourinho and am therefore not keen on the idea of him getting what he wants

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I think Barca will win this game too. I reckon it will be 2-1 again.
    If Eto'o is on form (which he hasn't been for the last few games, despite scoring last night) then he'll be a nightmare to mark. Chelsea can't put 10 players behind the ball again and hope to win. This is going to leave gaps and Eto'o can exploit them.
    Giuly is out I think so it will be Iniesta or Maxi Lopez starting. Iniesta may not have had his shooting boots on last night, but he's a very good player and creates a lot of chances, I think I'd prefer to see him start than Maxi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Collini isn't an advantage for either team, he is nearly always perfect, and the match will be totally fair.
    Its not an advantage for Chelsea, if anythign it might be a disadvantage because he is not at all partial to home crowds imo, what makes him so good.
    Frisk imo was just giving home advantage like nearly every other ref in the world

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Thats why I am not too worried. If Utd do get knocked out, I can take pride in supporting Barcelona who are amazing to watch. Big fan of them since they signed Ronaldinho. Their overall play has been great.

BTW: Barca to teach Chelsea a lesson or two.

PHB wrote:
    Collini isn't an advantage for either team, he is nearly always perfect, and the match will be totally fair.
    Its not an advantage for Chelsea, if anythign it might be a disadvantage because he is not at all partial to home crowds imo, what makes him so good.
    Frisk imo was just giving home advantage like nearly every other ref in the world

btw, isn't collina too old to be a ref now?
    wasn't last season supposed to be his last?

not that im complaining, i assume they've since changed that stupid rule

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

eyerer wrote:
    btw, isn't collina too old to be a ref now?
    wasn't last season supposed to be his last?

not that im complaining, i assume they've since changed that stupid rule

I think he's too old to ref in Italy....

Or something like that ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

eyerer wrote:
    was frisk really biased, or do you just think that because of what mourinho said?

Oh thats right I actually didn't watch the game and based my opinion on how Frisk reffed the game entirely on Jose's report of him :rolleyes: .

Yes he was ****ing biased .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Frisk is a home pleaser, don't think he realises the matches are being televised. Just be happy if he's ever reffing in Lansdowne. :)

Big Ears wrote:
    Oh thats right I actually didn't watch the game and based my opinion on how Frisk reffed the game entirely on Jose's report of him :rolleyes: .

Yes he was ****ing biased .

wow, someone has an attitude problem
    i wish you were my friend

Shock horror: the game is on ITV the first time since The Monaco tie last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Which is a load of crap, because anyone with Sky and no NTL can't watch it at home.
    The pubs better show this game ahead of the Milan - Utd one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

I thought Sky let you watch whatever game you want with their interactive digital banjo thingy. Personally, I just have regular old fashion cablelink.

• Advertisement

If a match is on ITV2 Sky don't give you access to that game.

Draupnir wrote:
    I thought Sky let you watch whatever game you want with their interactive digital banjo thingy. Personally, I just have regular old fashion cablelink.
    ITV get first choice for their 2 matches on the Tuesday and Sky show the rest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

eirebhoy wrote:
    Frisk is a home pleaser, don't think he realises the matches are being televised. Just be happy if he's ever reffing in Lansdowne. :)

what about the roma match?

haha, beat he regrets not being a home pleaser during that one!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,314 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

I will be switching between this game and the Man United one. I have already said that Man United will not get through and I think Chelsea will suffer the same fate. I predict a 2 - 2 draw.

Looking forward to the 2 games :)

Robben isn't fit enough, but Parker is on the bench.

Robben's return coincides with two of Chelsea's easiest games of the season (West Brom and Palace at home). It can only boost Chelsea's goals/game with Robben and turn them again into a one man team. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

eyerer wrote:

apparently it was decided collina would ref the match before moaninho said anything.

http://www.teamtalk.com/teamtalk/News/Story_Page/0,7760,2483_341747,00.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

cheesedude wrote:
    Big fan of them since they signed Ronaldinho.

:rolleyes:

Also, all these Man U fans accusing Mourniho of moaning is a lol and a half, Fergie's been moaning his arse off for thirty years and I don't hear that being mentioned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Makaveli wrote:
    The pubs better show this game ahead of the Milan - Utd one.

Not a chance of that happening. Way more Utd. fans out there than Chelsea fans, which for a Landlord means more sales.

B.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,895 ✭✭✭SteM

Also, all these Man U fans accusing Mourniho of moaning is a lol and a half, Fergie's been moaning his arse off for thirty years and I don't hear that being mentioned.

LOL, no ones accusing him of anything - it's a fact he WAS moaning and it's his right as a manager to do it, to protect his team the best way he can. Chelsea have brought it up with UEFA so I don't think anyone is doubting that Mourniho was having a 'moan'. As for no one mentioning Ferguson ever moaning, you've got to be joking. You must go around with ABU blinkers on!

Lol, this is a Barca V Chelsea thread and you can't help bringing United and their fans into it. Just beautiful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

What are you on about? Having read back over the thread I didn't see any United fans accusing Murinho of moaning. Did I miss something ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭The Clown Man

Ah here what channel is this match being played on? ITV2? How the hell do you get ITV2? Do the pubs get it? I have ITV1 on terrestrial and I have Sky Digital with ITV3 but no ITV2?!?! Is it on cable or something? How the hell do I watch this match?!?

:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭David19

Its on ITV1 I thought? Why would they put it on a channel no one has?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

It's on ITV1, the Man U v Milan game is on TV3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭The Clown Man

Nice one Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

Im going for a Chelsea win (not that I support any of the Ingerland teams). they only need a 1-0 win and their defence is the Best, almost italian: P

He is a huge talent. Do not roll your eyes up at me. If he went to Chelsea, I would not support Chelsea. Barcelona are a fantastic team. They will win 2 -1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Fupping hell! 3-0 and counting.... :eek:

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

4-3 on agg now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭theCzar

wow! Barca in front on ag!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

Sounds like a cracker!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

What an insane match!! Damn Ronaldinho and his godly skills!

Damn, replaced Ronaldinho with Henry in my UEFA dream team. :( I was in the top 1% of all teams after last week. Duff is my captain and scored so its not too bad. Henry better get a brace tomorrow. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

jesus, what a fab match so far!

i will personally beat anyone who tells me that frank lampard does not do his share of running and tackling in a game. i will beat them with their own leg!

right, back to watch second half. come on chelsea!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Nobody in world football atm comes close to Ronaldinho, if you even forget his two goals, the second one an absolute stunner, his all round play has been stunning.

i will personally beat anyone who tells me that frank lampard does not do his share of running and tackling in a game. i will beat them with their own leg!
    Best off the ball game I've seen him in this season and I've seen about 70% of Chelsea's games. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say he wasn't asked to do the dirty work in a 4-5-1. If he does what he did in the first half consistantly for the rest of the season he will be regarded as one of the best players in the world in my mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

COME ON CHELSEA!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

who is leading now overall, isnt the score 4:4 on agg now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

come on chelsea, scored through john terry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

Amazing game. I hope whoever isnt watching it is recording it! Did you see Ronaldinho and Ferreira swapping shirts at halftime?

Joe Cole played a stormer though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement