Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Barca vs Chelsea

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

it jsut on utv now if you have it. will be shown in the after match round up probaly in a few minutes

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

For anyone who missed it, here's Ronaldinho's second goal, with amusing commentary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Fantastic goal from Ronaldinho. Well done Chelsea who went for them from the off and deserved their win. I wonder how much the comments from the Barcelona camp motivated Chelsea to shut them up. I'm happy that Chelsea went through and wish them all the best in the competition. IMO the team that beats Milan will win the comp but I do believe Chelsea could possibly do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

anyone here anything definite on the spat at the end of the game.....i heard something about one of the chelsea backroom boys racially insulting a barcelona player....don't know if that is true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

well, 5 live this morning were saying that one of the stewards got spat on by a barca player, ronaldinho is saying he got called a monkey (oh touché after the england spain game...), and jose murinho apprently had a bottle flung at him fromthe barca crowd.

no idea what all the argie bargie with anyone else was.

however, as for the game, i thought chelsea were fantastic last night. the spent the first 25 minutes attacking, and i thought the cross for duff's goal was simply sublime.
    i also wish that spurs had signed joe cole :)

again, i thought lampard was brilliant, but ive been thinking that for most of the season :) i thought he defended well, i thought he held the ball up and he was used as a pivot, and he did just that. oh, and he scored a goal against barcalona in the quarter finals of the champions league. i think thats pretty good too.
    terry was fantastic. in fact, i thought the whole back 4 did well, and glen johnson wasnt too bad either :)
    i wish kejzman would shave that fluff off his face, but i thought he worked hard as well.
    they defended as a team, and they attacked as a team, and as a team, they overcame barcalona, because player for player, barca are certainly the stronger team. but hey, porto were no skillful side last season.

thats not to take anything away from barcalona, i thought they were great. weak in defense, but since chelsea played a counter attacking game, and at time were playing a 4-1-4-1 formation, always found the defense and midfield packed.
    second goals was a peach. just did not see it coming. of course, neither did anyone else!

great game. am delighted to see chelsea go through, am delighted utd are out. just hope liverpool go though and arsenal go out tonight :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

I agree with the muppet Milan could be the team to beat for chelsea,Barca are great going forward but apart from puyol the defence is suspect, Milan have probably the best defence in europe, so we will see what the draw goes like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

cheesedude wrote:
    He is a huge talent. Do not roll your eyes up at me. If he went to Chelsea, I would not support Chelsea. Barcelona are a fantastic team. They will win 2 -1.

No-one said anything about his talent, pal :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Well done Chelsea, what a game of football, cannot believe we had to go through the pain of watching United when this was going on on another tv station, should have turned over!!

Still not sure if they will go all the way but with a bit of luck who knows

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I watched the Utd. match live (shouldn't of bothered!!)but decided to record the Chelsea so I could watch it in full. I'm so glad I did, fantastic match. Couldn't believe how quick the goals were mounting up every time i ficked over to catch the score.

At the post match interview Rikard said that at the end of the game someone on the Chelsea bench said something to the Barcelona players and in his words, "After just being defeated and knocked out of the Champions League it was not a good time to be making remarks. Of course we were going to react" He then went on to play the whole incident down saying that the players kissed and made up in the tunnel, well not literally!!
    I don't like the way I've heard the race card being touted about when none of the players have said anything to concur with this.

Anyway, fabulous match and well done Chelsea. Hopefully we'll have an Irish man with a Champion's League medal this year.

B.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Badabing wrote:
    I agree with the muppet Milan could be the team to beat for chelsea,Barca are great going forward but apart from puyol the defence is suspect, Milan have probably the best defence in europe, so we will see what the draw goes like

Just checked there, it's amazingly tight between Milan (46 for, 17 against, 27 games), Juventus (45-16, 27), Barcelona (51-18, 27) and Manchester United (47-17, 29), with Chelsea (53-9, 28) significantly ahead. Probably not the most reliable way to compare them, considering they're in different leagues.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

again, i thought lampard was brilliant
    I think he should be getting more praise then he is after last nights performance. Most people seem to think John Terry had a better game than him last night, no way. Terry is fantastic and mr.consistant but that was Lampard's best performance this season and IMO his best ever performance. He was a real central midfielder. Usually when Chelsea hadn't got the ball he would be nowhere to be seen but last night he got stuck in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

BaZmO* wrote:
    Hopefully we'll have an Irish man with a Champion's League medal this year.

Yeah Stevie Finnan :D

only in my wildest dream will this come true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

No-one said anything about his talent, pal :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Do you have ADD or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

what a game, I now officially take back every derogatory remark I have made about Joe Cole so far this season , he wa excellent last night, one of Duffer's quieter games (except for his superb goal) he kept falling over for some reason. And Cech was unbelieveable, really glad he was there he is such a great keeper. Ronaldino, pure class, Eto'o s not that bad either, some striker of the ball.

I was offered £300 outside the stadium last night for my ticket, thought for a few seconds and even though I was resigned to losing , said no way, so glad I didn't take the bait, would have been gutted to miss such a classic.

Go on you Blue Boys!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

If its Chelsea-Milan, what'll happen with Crespo?? I hear that Chelsae might not let him play....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭Rossonero

Didn't watch this game, obviously, but I am delighted for Chelsea! I like Mourinho's passion, he is the best manager in the world at the moment.

Hope Milan get Chelsea in next round so Tv3/RTE2 will show it. That would be the game of all games!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭Rossonero

Cianan2 wrote:
    If its Chelsea-Milan, what'll happen with Crespo?? I hear that Chelsae might not let him play....

They can't do that. Remember Morientes - Madrid when he played for Monaco.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

They can do it if it is a clause in the load contract but it more than likely is not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Whatever JM said to J Cole, I wanna know,cause he has been out of this world in the last few games, our best performer. Duffer was quiet didn't get into his attacking stride, as Growler pointed put he kept on falling over.

• Advertisement

Carvallho's tackle on Etoo was amazing he flew past him looked odds on to score and all of a sudden he got a last ditch challenge, if he didn't make it that accurate it would have been a penno.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

who needs crespo when you have shevenko :)

Barca were a joke at the back. Clumsy defending and lots of ball watching. Chelsea wont do so well against the italian sides thats for sure.

Played Milan in last CL drew 1-1 and 0-0.

Advertisement