Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camping at Oxegen : Turning up late for CTYI

Options
  • 06-03-2005 12:47pm

Has anyone done this before, i feel the need to camp this year (independance and all that) and wanna know if there's any hassle, all i reckin i have to do is ring CTYI and say "i'll arrive at x time on monday".

Has anyone done this and will i have any problems?
    (other than exhaustion from not sleeping for 72 hours beforehand)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

I don't think they mind younarriving late, but do you really want to miss the first day? Personally I'll just go to day 1, if I'm going.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Has anyone done this before, i feel the need to camp this year (independance and all that) and wanna know if there's any hassle, all i reckin i have to do is ring CTYI and say "i'll arrive at x time on monday".

Has anyone done this and will i have any problems?
    (other than exhaustion from not sleeping for 72 hours beforehand)
    Nah i think people came late this year. Remember sheila was calling the roll and called some name and then said ''oh thats right he/she wont be here til tomoro''.

I dunno why that stuck in my mind but anyway, true story

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭LiamD

Yeah people can come late but I dunno if it's all coz of Oxegen.Raph's got a point about not missing the first day....

Day one goes like this

"hello" - hug- *chat* <video> /bed/

so i'm not that worried, i'd prefer to spend that time with James Brown!

ah no, its my last year and everything so it'll be annoying once i get there and realise what i've missed but i'm not too bothered really.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

I'm just going to go the first day of Witnness, so I can be at the first day of CTYI.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭abraham lincoln

arrived just before study on the first monday last year.not many problems execpt for first impressions of dermo screaming at everyone to go to study, then having to approch and ask him if he was my r.a. at the worst, Oxegen returning people (can see there being copious amounts of us) will miss morning classes, lunch and maybe some of the afternoon classes. changed from art design to i.h. on the second day last year and it aint that hard to getting into a course without the first day.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Zounds

I'm just going to go the first day of Witnness, so I can be at the first day of CTYI.
    same (hopefully)

See you there Conor, you can be my crutch as we head into DCU!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

I missed until Tuesday PM of session one, 2002 'cos of the Junior Cert... though the way I reasoned it was it didn't matter 'cos I had to stick Ses. 1 and I'd be there again next year anyway.

Never ended up going back though...

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭lemon_sherbert

I missed my first day last summer, and i just came in the side door and ais and aine ran at me screaming and really freaked my mom. Doesn't make too much of a difference, cept i think ordhairnait told everyone to be nice to me or something. And your roommate has to brave a night alone in the apartment. Poor hilary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

that is seriously creepy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

dude... just got my 2 day camping thangy today, wahey!
    em, oxegen/ctyi, oxegen/ctyi... is there any competition really?
    plus, as said before, day 1 is just reunitings and a bad movie, so yeah, its not like you miss anything. its more just a day for the newbs anyway, so they can see the sights etc. not for hardened nevermores such as meself :)
    im heading back home on the sunday night, so ill be in for 1st class on the monday, cos ye dont wanna miss that, but i shall be missing out on the last night of oxegen, which blows, but ill have seen all the music i could see by then so yeah, woo!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I arrived around dinner on the Monday one year because I'd ben on holiday. It's no problem really, you don't miss much except the "Tell everybody about yourself" part of the first RA meeting... Which I think is always a good thing, cos I never knew what to say. And you make more of an entrance.
    Bad movies? Nothing can top the time they made us watch Crocodile Dundee in LA - worst movie EVER!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

At least they didn't make you watch it twice though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭Caoimhe

Fishie wrote:
    Bad movies? Nothing can top the time they made us watch Crocodile Dundee in LA - worst movie EVER!!
    How about the time they made us watch Catch me if you can and I had gotten back from the States the day with the most ridiculous jet lag ever. The PAIN of that movie...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭abraham lincoln

Caoimhe wrote:
    How about the time they made us watch Catch me if you can

slept on the floor of the Larkin Theatre for most of that film

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭Caoimhe

I fell asleep on the writing yoke.

Advertisement