Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Windows NT4 Back Office License.

• 06-03-2005 2:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭

I have duplicated this from the Wanted forum to the Computer forum in the hope of a quicker response. My apologies if I'm breaking any rules.

Hi ,

I have a customer who currently runs MS NT4 Back Office on a PII/300 Server. The machine merely shares a directory that contains a database file required by his shops sales app - Chancellor and authenticates users for access to same.

Up until recently he has had only 4 clients connected to this machine but recently has added a further 3 new machines with the obvious result that his current license doesn't cover it being only a 5 client one.

Unfortunately MS no longer support/sell this OS so it's not possible to buy more client licenses. The customer does not want the added expense of Windows 2000/2003 server so that option is out.

Does anybody know of a license upgrade pack lying around in a press somewhere that they could sell to me to help this customer out, it must be legit. A legit version of NT4 Server with a minimum of 10 clients would also do.

Don't bother suggesting Linux/Unix, I've tried persuading the customer towards this route but he's reluctant.

Thanks in advance.

ZEN

Advertisement