Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom.net webmail and HTML mails received there (or not)

Options
  • 06-03-2005 3:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭

Does anyone here use eircom.net webmail, and are you able to receive HTML mails at that address?

(This isn't relevant, I think, to those who use eircom.net via pop3).

It's just I'm testing out mailshot technology, and the HTML mail I'm sending works on Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, Outlook Express, (even looks OK on Pegasus), eircom pop3, you name it... except eircom.net webmail, where it comes up blank.

Anyone any ideas/leads/or info to impart? (And as per my first question... can ANY of you receive HTML mail to eircom.net addresses?)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

It sound like Eircom's filters are eating it :)
    Is the HTML email complete? ie. full HTML headers etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭wrafter

Here's how it starts:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"
    "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd"&gt;
    <html>
    <head>
    <title>Title goes in here</title>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">

</head>

<body bgcolor="#000000">

I think that looks pretty good. Michele, can you receive HTML mails to your eircom.net web account, presuming you have one? (And by the way, though you may have guessed this already, it's Dada I'm using to fire out these mailshots, and I've been experiencing this problem for some time, though it's only now it's become critical.)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Mark
    I would suspect that it's Eircom's filters that are causing issues. I don't have an Eircom webmail account but we have had quite a few clients experience interesting "issues" with them over the last few months

Advertisement