Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

crapest gp ever and not cos ferrari were crap...

• 06-03-2005 4:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭

get rid of the ****in one tyre rule..it sucks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

go home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Lamar

where the **** u tink i am dickwod?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Sri Lanka?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭v10

Lamar wrote:
    get rid of the ****in one tyre rule..it sucks
    Agreed. The drivers were afraid to push hard in case they ruined their tyres and it ruined the race for me. Fisichella won the race, fair enough, and I am happy for him, but he had no competition for the majority of the race. Schumi and Kimi Would have made more progress up the field had it not been for the 'one tyre rule' .. 6 or 7 years ago theres no way a top car (i.e Ferrari or McLaren) would need the whole race distance to make their way through the field.

The new qualifying format is also a joke. Firstly we seen drivers who didn't even bother talking part in the second qualifying because their first laps were ruined by changing weather. I wouldn't have as much a problem with this if the drivers could choose when they went out but they can't, so its down to pot luck.
    Secondly why call it qualifying ? Thats not what they're doing. They simply do a lap and see what happens. Minardi lap times were almost 8 seconds a lap (yes EIGHT seconds) down on the leaders in Australia. Surely thats just dangerous. If this were a qualifying .. then Minardi would not qualify, simple as that. I'd love to see them do well but it just aint gonna happen.

BTW, what was Einstürzende's comments about ? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭The tax man

The worst thing about the OZ gp was the TV director.
    They should never be allowed anywhere near a control room again.
    i.e. While they had an on car shot from shumi's car,the car in front went off the track but we never got to see who it was or what happened to them. Even a replay 30 seconds later would've been nice but we got nadda.
    How many pit stops did they miss.The ITV lads started to sound abit pissed off over this but in a nice way if you get my drift.
    And as for that Team radio crackle.Everytime Martin Brundle was about to say something it would cut over him again and again.
    That could easily be sorted with an on screen timer for the commentators, a count down leading up to the radio crackle and then a count down to let them know when they can start talking again. At one point I was screaming at the TV let him finish what he was saying.
    Hopefully they'll pick up on the errors and sort 'em out soon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭dearg_doom

The worst thing about the OZ gp was the TV director.
    They should never be allowed anywhere near a control room again.
    i.e. While they had an on car shot from shumi's car,the car in front went off the track but we never got to see who it was or what happened to them. Even a replay 30 seconds later would've been nice but we got nadda.

AGREED!!!!

That director pissed me off big style!

It was a very amateurish peformance, and that shot you mention (it was Massa, I still don't know what happened though:) It didn't affect his race too much though, ) was just appalling.

No-one can justify his decision to stick with the MS shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭ktoal

I most admit, I've been looking forward to the first race of the season for months and I was a bit disappointed. The F1 race, itself, always seems to be an anti-climax. The one tyre rule sucks, as the drivers aren't racing as hard, they're looking after the types and because of it, the tyres take longer to warm up. JPM was really penalized for this when his back type hit the grass, the temp dropped and all was lost. It took too long for the temp to get back to optimal working order. I guess Max Mosley was right though... It has slowed things down a bit and that was the reasons for the new rules in the first place.

Does anyone know if the races are being repeated on UTV during the week. Last year they were always repeated around 1am on a Tuesday morning. Anyone know?

Advertisement