Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rc cars MEET??

Options
  • 06-03-2005 4:58pm
    Site Banned Posts: 313 ✭✭

does anybody fancy setting up a day for all of us rc owners to meet up and race our cars and trucks ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Yeh that would be class. But when, were, is it on road or off road racing and what frequancy is everyone running on. (im 27mhz red 2)

• Site Banned Posts: 313 ✭✭revo

im sure we can organise it . with on and off road. dont worry about the frequencys i have extra ones as im sure evryone else does.. just gotta try and get a few numbers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭shane0312

yeah thats sounds good. Give us a pm if you decide on a time and palce.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

I like this idea. I ament personally interested due to the fact that I don't drive rc cars but if ye can get a fair number of people I'll duplicate the thread over to events and I'm sure a few people from boards would like to come along as spectators....

Of course, you need to get a good few drivers confirmed, and one or two people to organise the whole affair - I assume you've already stepped up revo 2008?

hey fobia. ye of course ive stepped up ive even ordered extra frequencys off tower hobbies and a new body for my motor. really have to try and get some more people up in here. maybe you could make it a sticky at the top of this thread?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭SLIM19198

Just make it accessable to the south of the country now and you can sign up another 2 people (me and my bro, nitro off road)

Dublin is an awful long drive from cork!

hey lads. here is my new body this guy is painting for me im getting the irish flag put on it too. may i suggest you check out his other bodies

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭SLIM19198

whats his site address and how much is it costing you?

How do you post a picture

the address is on the picture. it cost me 118 dollars which was 99 euro inc postage aint bad. tell him Ian from ireland sent ya .

plug posting a pic is easy just have to have it and down the bottom when u want to post u attach it

• Advertisement

I've pm'ed an admin and Coolwings about this idea, the response from both has been pretty good. If this takes off it'll be much more than just a sticky at the top of the board :)

The idea is to organise an rc car day, affiliated with this site, having races etc and maybe charging a few shops to setup stall for the day, with a small fee for spectators to enter. The main concerns are; Venue, Insurance and organisation. I'm going to start looking into all three very soon.

If it were to happen it would be cool, but it's too early for me to know if it can be pulled off or not....

I'll keep ye posted as things go on but atm this is how it stands.

No organisers have been selected (not even me), so volunteers are good.

Ideas are good and people saying that they'll be there if it happens is good :)

I'm thinking Dublin (sorry Slim19198 - it'll be hard for me to travel too!), as I'd say that'd be the best place to attract spectators too, but at this early stage Cork and even Galway are possibilities. The main thing to do would be to have stuff to keep spectators coming in (good races....showing off stuff etc), for this there'll have to be a good few experienced rc car drivers.....

Those are my thoughts at the moment anyways,
    Fobia.

ye that sounds good. as we know there aint any gr8 club etc around. so to get this started would be great alright. its jsut a matter of time. keep us informed as im sure we can work around something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

Could I come along if I just have a basic electronic RC car which I got as a present a few years ago?

dont see why not. everyone would be welcome

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭CHUCKLEZ

thats to bad its in dublin i wud of went in all im in cork

Thorbar: Everyone would be welcome. If it were run there'd probably be a fun race for people with toy rc cars with a novelty prize or something just for fun :)

But I have to emphasize these two things; the big event isn't anywhere near confirmed as taking place yet, nor has any venue anywhere been decided. If it seems that most of the rc car drivers and spectators who were attending live in cork, we'd probably have it in Cork.

It was only thought off yesterday, nothing has even been looked into yet :)

so wat are u saying if i tried to get a few buddies to bring thier cars it might be held closer to cork.

I'm not saying or implying anything....if it ends up going ahead then I'll try and make sure a good few drivers can come and then put up a poll to let the public (drivers and spectators) decide where they want it....you could get your friends to vote in that poll, or you could just get them onto this board and count their interest :)

It's all at the very start, this would be quite a major thing and I've never organised an event before, so if it does go ahead I'll probably just be co-ordinating the online side of things.

Fobia.

im not saying i want it actually in cork cause that wouldnt be fare on others but i have access to transportation but up by dublin is a long distance from cork so if it was possible is all im sayin to try and arrange a spot a bit closer to the south. Cause i think its a great idea having every1 meet up.

Why not in ballyhale (Kilkenny) it has the largest skate park in ireland and a huge raceway for carts.

• Advertisement

Would there be access to them though

Im sure he would leave us in if there was a load of us but that depends on what part, the skatepark or the track, the track is always booked but only very few go skating in the park anymore. :)

U would have to ask the rest of them first i would go but would need track aswell

there will be cars and off roaders

I have no idea where the venue would be, a simple day out for the rc car drivers here would be easy to organise and sure ye could do that by yerselves. What I'm thinking off is a pretty big event, like a boards beers but replacing alcohol with rc cars....which is why it'd be so hard to organise but so cool if we could do it.

I need to think about/look into some things before I can tell whether it's even possible or not tbh, I assure ye I'll be keeping ye up to date, don't worry about that :)

Fobia.

But If We Cud Get That Place [erk And Track And Get People To Donate Towards Booking Fees That Would Nearly Do

The skatepark as far as I know is about a tener but sometimes if a big group of people come he might charge us €5.

is that per person or is it to book the whole place cause we would need to book the place so no skarters would be there and the same with the track so no carts will be on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Devion

It would be great if the local model shop owner (where its decided to be) could be there for the people who like to looe screws,burn tyres,duff servo's,crystal problems,batteries.

Most important fuel :) and battery charging.

• Advertisement

ya that would be great if any1 had a crash they just buy wat parts they need and on the spot repair

Advertisement