Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rc cars MEET??

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

St Annes Park, Raheny

They have a bi-weekly meet for R/C cars. The petrol ones I think.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Devion

On the spot repair :P
    my on the spot repair just bassicly includes alot of zipties!!

At the moment as my wheel nuts are american thread im waiting for a delivry using small zipties and im 100% sure there better than the nuts beacuse there lighter with more give, and you cannot pull the tyre off!

Hay is anyone in ennis or around ennis here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭CHUCKLEZ

wat u driven.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭shane0312

St Annes Park, Raheny

They have a bi-weekly meet for R/C cars. The petrol ones I think.........

Spannerhead any idea what day do they meet?What time?

cheers

CHUCKLEZ wrote:
    wat u driven.
    Ofna hyper7

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭CHUCKLEZ

thats an off road buggy isnt it.

Yep,

60mph :P on and offroad, althought it can no way keep up with on road cars but its fun trying!

• Site Banned Posts: 313 ✭✭revo

hi guys. sorry i havent been here in a while. well myself and one of my mates revo and savage are heading out to the st annes bmx track sometime soon and were wondering if anyone is up for it ? im just waiting on a new engine head should have it buy the weekend. we did too much bashing on tuesday

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Hi Revo
    I know the BMX track in Marley Park on Southside (used this one for offroad myself), but I didn't know there was one in St Annes too. Is it near the tarmac club RC car track, or up the far end?
    coolwings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭pollyantic

If this was in Dublin i reckon i could get 4 or 5 spectators down.
    There are a few of us at work interested in buying cars but would like to see it first.

• Advertisement

hi cool wings. it is over the other side. its as if your driving by the coast and its the turn opposite the beach entrance with the road (not the bridge) then up that road to the left there is a little entrance. it kicks ass. great crack i was there on tuesday and will be going very soon

ok guys just for your info i have written to the government and the dublin city council about a track and waiting on news back

excellent !
    :)

do you have an off road motor

Does a TANK count as off road? :) cos I have a small tank that I started to make 3 years ago ... got to get stuck in and finish that.

No truck or buggy at the moment . My last car was a Hyper rally 1/10th, very hot, but I was not getting enough use from it so I sold it last year.

I scratch built a three wheel propeller driven car for indoor use at xmas, it's a mad thing, that's it at the moment .. that and the planes.

I kind of like the idea of having an offroader for the summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 .B.R.

Yea, have to agree bmx track in st. annes aka chuckies is a great spot for bashing in! I used to go up there alot with my tmaxx, but haven't used it in about a year or so but i'm getting it back out as soon as my parts from tower get here so should expect to see some of you's up there! Would also be a great spot to set up a purpose built track...

.B.R. wrote:
    Yea, have to agree bmx track in st. annes aka chuckies is a great spot for bashing in! I used to go up there alot with my tmaxx, but haven't used it in about a year or so but i'm getting it back out as soon as my parts from tower get here so should expect to see some of you's up there! Would also be a great spot to set up a purpose built track...

hey man were are you from ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 .B.R.

In clontarf, bout 5mins away from st. annes...

fobia whats the story

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

I've been really busy lately with exams etc....I've still had enough time to moderate the forum as I'm online studying anyway, but I havent had a chance to look into the idea further.

People are free to come up with their own ideas for venue etc and even to look into them further, don't think I'm saying "don't do anything, I'll handle it!" - even if I get a venue etc it'll still need alot of help to pull it off.

I will keep ye informed.

Fobia.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 penance

Someone mentioned st annes in dublin this is where you guys need to be going. theres usually racing on most sundays and this is where the Irish nationals are held it's a super track.Talk to anyone one there there more than glad to give advice and point you in the right direction.

here's some dates

ORCA CALENDAR 04/05

JANUARY
    2ND FUN DAY

FEBRUARY
    27TH CLUB ROUND 1

MARCH
    13TH NATIONAL ROUND 1
    27TH ORCA DAY

APRIL
    10TH CLUB ROUND 2
    24TH NATIONAL ROUND 2

MAY
    2ND ORCA DAY (BANK HOLIDAY)
    8TH CLUB ROUND 3
    22ND NATIONAL ROUND 3

JUNE
    5TH ORCA DAY
    19TH NATIONAL ROUND 4

JULY
    3RD CLUB ROUND 4
    17TH NATIONAL ROUND 5
    31ST ORCA DAY

AUGUST
    14TH ORCA DAY
    28TH CLUB ROUND 5

SEPTEMBER
    11TH CLUB ROUND 6
    25TH NATIONAL ROUND 6

hope this is useful

Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭no leaf clover

i'm new to all this jazz and amen't replying directly to anyone, but my cousin and i would definetely be into any meetin up, both have cars but might be tempted just to spectate.... looking at some of ur pics i dont think we'd be much competition!!, cen atx and a smartech, btw would anyone be able to recommend a place to get a t-maxx and what price?

i'm new to all this jazz and amen't replying directly to anyone, but my cousin and i would definetely be into any meetin up, both have cars but might be tempted just to spectate.... looking at some of ur pics i dont think we'd be much competition!!, cen atx and a smartech, btw would anyone be able to recommend a place to get a t-maxx and what price?

hey mate id be glad to have any one come out for a race. there is a lovely hpi rush evo for 300 euro out of halfords. gr8 truck to have imo. any questions feel free to ask if you have msn messenger let me know

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Kevin dublin

Hi NLC,

Is the Cen, ATX & smartech onroad or offroad cars?

If they are onroad you should come down to a 'fun' day at the track in St. Annes. The ORCA club, www.orcaireland.com, run these days as intro. days for newbees, keep an eye on the ORCA forum for updates.

It can seem very serious when you first see a full blown event with 30+ racers but we all had to start somewhere :-)

Kevin

off road, but we generally end up on tarmac!!thanks for the heads up bout orca!! will prob chech it out.

hey, Thanks! yeah have msn, address the_killer_d@hotmail.com, does halfords have a web address/ where are they based?

revo wrote:
    hey mate id be glad to have any one come out for a race. there is a lovely hpi rush evo for 300 euro out of halfords. gr8 truck to have imo. any questions feel free to ask if you have msn messenger let me know
    hey, Thanks! yeah have msn, address the_killer_d@hotmail.com, does halfords have a web address/ where are they based?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 penance

revo wrote:
    Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road Off Road

i did,nt say race there i said you would get good advice there. Check it out you wont be disappointed ;)

• Advertisement

just added you too msn

Advertisement