Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Anyone go to the Bikeshow in the RDS

Options
  • 06-03-2005 5:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

Well what did you think of it? Not as big as last year, but still some interesting bikes, bits and such like to be had. As for Christian Pfeiffer :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,518 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Went on the Friday evening.. Was definitely a lot smaller than previous years, and no stands from the Japanese manufacturers, which was a bit dissapointing.

Didn't see any great bargains there either, but I did only stay for an hour..
    Liked the BMW stand.. Your man Charlie Boorman's GS from 'The Long way round' was in really bad shape.. You could see all of the interesting 'side-of-the-road' welds etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

i saw the harley v rod there, probably the worlds sexiest motorcycle. well worth 20 grand. i have to buy one one of these days.

was the nicest bike at the show, much better than any of the (unsafe) custom choppers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

Didn't think much of the show in fairness....was glad I had free tickets. Pity Yamaha didn't have a stand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Headleylamarr

Have to agree, didn't go this year cause I just wasn't impressed last year...

Although I want a nice short 1200 Buell X1, I sat on it last year and loved the size.

BMW - I always love to stare at the GS Adventure, gotta get a brother to my 1200C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭Phryxus

I really enjoyed it, saw some cool jumps, saw some great stunts and got my poster signed by chris pheiffer, finally got to sit on a roadstar warrior, got to see some nice trials riding and generally had a good day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭fireblade1

didn't go this year - work :(
    but wasn't too impressed last year
    plus it just tends to depress me no money to buy me a bike:(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

didnt go this year either after last year. Not hugely impressed last year. Maybe I've come to expect too much after seeing the likes of the NEC show on Men & Motors.

Advertisement