Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sinn Féin on the membrane, Sinn Féin on the brain!

Options
  • 06-03-2005 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭

Alright so, I don't come into the politics forum here a lot, mainly because I spend a lot of time on politics.ie instead, but this place takes the biscuit for obsession with SF/IRA!
    I mean, there is a lot of it on politics.ie too, but you people really take the biscuit!
    There is more often than not, another topic of conversation not involving SF and/or the IRA on politics.ie, but not here it seems.
    The first five/six topics are ALL on that topic and then every second on after that.
    There's not even one topic dedicated to the very significant by-elections coming up in Meath/Kildare, unless it's directly related to SF in that by-election.
    Now I want to make it clear that I'm not a SF member/supporter and never likely to be, but I can at least appreciate that there are other issues in the world in Ireland and the world in general.
    As regards attacking SF, you (and Michael McDowell) are only providing them with the oxygen of publicity that they crave(There really is no such thing as bad publicity). Everyone thought that people like M.McDowell attacking them every five mins. would damage them in the locals. It didn't.
    Get with the rest of the political world people, please, for the sake of avoiding the mind-numbing monotony of it all!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Alright so, I don't come into the politics forum here a lot, mainly because I spend a lot of time on politics.ie instead...

Good start! :rolleyes:

Sure its a SF/IRA binge-fest at the moment, but this place was nothing but Iraq/US policy for a while in 2003/2004. It'll go quiet I'm sure unless some new twists and turns reveal themselves.

Mike.

not to mention the heap of threads and activity when George W was re-elected..

You could have started a thread of George bush on the brain, george bush on the membrane...

Theres a hot topic about at the moment and two opinion polls on SF in the weekend papers in the week of their Ard fheis showing a dangererous turn in the publics opinion of them-so its being actively discussed-so what??!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Gael

Earthman wrote:
    not to mention the heap of threads and activity when George W was re-elected..

You could have started a thread of George bush on the brain, george bush on the membrane...

Theres a hot topic about at the moment and two opinion polls on SF in the weekend papers in the week of their Ard fheis showing a dangererous turn in the publics opinion of them-so its being actively discussed-so what??!!

My problem is not that they're actively being discussed but that they seem to be the only thing discussed here. You'd swear they were the only political party in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

It's swings and roundabouts in here - stuff comes, stuff goes - but at the moment SF and whats been happening of late are the big story, hence the threads..

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Well great way to stop it, start off a new thread about all the SF/IRA threads :rolleyes:

Closing this thread. If you want to discuss the By-Elections then please do there is nothing stopping you.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement