Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Leaving Cert Results

Options
  • 15-08-2001 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭

Hmmm dont worry about it mate I had a cire LC all those years ago. Hey I woke up the next morning with a hangover and my parents booking me into Yeats to repeat. Then I got a phone call from Brunnell in London saying I got my Electronic Engineering course and my parents refused to let me go due to my LC Results (I had wanted to go there so badly like FFS I was offered Engineering in Brunnel now thats nice). But I got my Electronic engineering course in Galway RTC (in the days before all this GMIT crap smile.gif ) and I was happy in the course. Once you get out there and do your course and prove that you can do your stuff the LC is nothing. Dont worry about it and get drunk very very drunk..... You'll be fine you'll hopefully get your course and things will work out fine

kayos
    When you get to hell tell them I sent you,
    you'll get a group discount...

tribes.gameshop.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Well, I know your feeling Sh*te now, but you might still get the course you want.

If not .. see what they offer you.

Anyway , just wanted to say I kno how you fell, and good luck!

"Man, you go through life, you try to be nice to people, you struggle against the urge to punch ‘em in the face, and for what?! For some pimply little puke to treat you like dirt unless you're on a team. Well I'm better than dirt ... well most kinds of dirt. I mean, not that fancy, store-bought dirt. That stuff’s loaded with nutrients. I …I can't compete with that stuff."
    -Moe Szyslak

[This message has been edited by Xterminator (edited 15-08-2001).]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

I think regi and vexorg are hiring gimp boys at the moment...

...see there's always a bright side!

biggrin.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Yeah man....I know how u feel, don't stress about it, or at least too much. In a few years time you'll think you were insane for worrying so much. I did real bad too and I quit college 6 months in, but I'm alright now... so don't stress

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

i only got 235 in my LC, i was a bit down but i still got the course i wanted (well the 1 i thought i wanted!) had a great time flunked, didn't care cause had such a great time biggrin.gif n now i'm doin a course i actually like n its goin great! smile.gif

so i wouldn't worrie about it u'll get on fine

"just because you're not paraniod, doesn't mean they're not after you!"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

well i got 230 and i am dam happy.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I only got 275 in mine (all those years ago - 5 eek.gif ) and I got to college doing computer programming (didn't know a thing about computers at the time) and now I earn over £20,000 a year curlydav.gif

Fluck the LC - it's one of the biggest jokes around man "most important exam of your life" - a certain element of truth around taht statement, but it's a load of balls really. College is where it's at - great times are had and your mind learns how to learn...

All the best!
    Dav
    curlydav.gif
    So Bob Hoskins was about to roll a spliff when in walks Dana with her 3 foot Bong
    [honey i] violated [the kids]
    When the Beefy King arrives, I shall be paying homage with Puunack The Receiver in a haze of green curry.

[This message has been edited by Kharn (edited 15-08-2001).]

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Kharn:
    I only got 275 in mine (all those years ago - 5 eek.gif ) and I got to college doing computer programming (didn't know a thing about computers at the time) and now I earn over £20,000 a year curlydav.gif
    </font>

(almost) Exactly the same here!!! ... same points - 275, computers in college, and was earning over 20K p.a. in an Internet company ... ... er... until I was made redundant 2 MONTHS ago... ho hum! rolleyes.gif

[Edit]: Changed 'years' to 'MONTHS' above... silly typo to make, that...

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">

Fluck the LC - it's one of the biggest jokes around man "most important exam of your life" - a certain element of truth around taht statement, but it's a load of balls really. College is where it's at - great times are had and your mind learns how to learn...
    </font>

Here here...

Then again it's easy to look back with hindsight and say that... smile.gif The thing is, I guess, not to take it all *too* seriously. Nothing is the 'be-all and end-all' - there's always a way smile.gif

psst... why is this in "Humour"??

Bard
    'First motorbike in the bible ???? ---- a Triumph --- 'Yea verily Moses struck down the ammmanites and all the land heard the roar of his triumph !!!'

[This message has been edited by Bard (edited 15-08-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Bard (edited 15-08-2001).]

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

didn't know a thing about computers at the time</font>

So you're saying what exactly? smile.gif

and now I earn over £20,000 a year
    </font>

Shouldn't that be euros Dav? ... smile.gif

Muppetry, the lot of it! smile.gif

Alo the muppet.

Sedulously eschew obfuscatory hyperverbosity and prolixity.

You really should you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

DOesn't matter how many points you got in your leaving once you get the course you want. The LC is only a means to an end. Once you have used it to get where you want to go everyone ignores it and judges you based on how you perform in that field. In a years time, most people (who got their points) will relax a bit and wonder why they got so stressed about it in the first place.

"I'd rather have a bottle infront of me than a frontal lobotamy"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Kix

Pah, I got less than 50, not counting bonus points, and look at me now.

OK, stop looking.

That's a big cheat of course because the points were all different back then.

[hollow trailer voice] In the 80s. Dan-dan-da!

smile.gif

Like the other say, chin up. A better LC opens a few more doors to you at this stage of your life but by the time you've got some 3rd level education under your belt no one will care what you got in your LC. Take a course you're genuinely interested in and work hard, you'll do grand.

K

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

Exact same as Bard and Kharn here! 275 points! (Me also Web Developer on the verge of redundancy wink.gif)
    STill though, I was down about it a the time. Got the a diploma course that I wanted, did that, hated it, dropped out. Amn't I lucky I didn't work my ass off to get the 400+ I needed for the Degree Course smile.gif

Anyways, I did a PLC in Computers and got a great job out of it that I love doing. Looking back I honestly think the LC is worthless, it doesn't even go on my CV (mosly cause I can't remember the results!).

As long as you're doing something you like, or are interested in you'll be just fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

I did utter ****e, well least compared to what I thought I get.

No excuses, I was blown away when I heard them (from the crappy phone thingy)

300 including LCVP, thats 230 without. I'm depressed, I hate this damn government for making me do this stupid exam, and I guess myself for doing so badly.

I'm told, dont worry so much about it, in a few years you wont even remember what you got, or its not that important compared to other qualifications. But still I cant help but feel overwhelmed by it all, and also completely ****ed but then I said that already.

I think I might be repeating assuming I dont get the course I want (Carlow IT - Software)

Lets just see how it goes, one step at a time.

Well, thats my Joke - Dont all laugh at once... :/

Advertisement