Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IRL opening race @ Homestead - Brit wins

• 06-03-2005 10:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭

Just finished, great race. Woke me up after the usual F1 bore.

1st victory of the season for Brit Dan Wheldon. Hopefully he can win it this year after last years 2nd place.

Anyone else watch it. If you are pi$$ed off with F1 sprint races this is where the action is.

Not an overly exciting race but still miles better than F1. 2nd/3rd/4th finished within 2 hundredths of a second 3 secs behind Wheldon.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gs39t

What station is the IRL on? I'm guessing Sky sports. If so i just may subscribe to it if they show all the races live. I prefer NASCAR but wouldnt mind seeing the IRL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Its on Sky Sports yep. Think they show Champ Cars on Motors TV but its gone a bit lame since the best drivers have left.

Next race is in two weeks, on SS Extra I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

I watched the race last night and it probalby wasn't the greatest IRL race I've ever seen but the action on these high speed ovals is far more exciting than F1.

Definitely a deserved victory for Dan Wheldon. I think this is the start of his championship challenge and with 2 full seasons under his belt, this four car AGR team around him and Honda power, I feel he is the man to beat this season.

I feel so sorry for Tomas Scheckter and Panther Racing. If there is one racing driver who has a curse on him its Mr. Scheckter. His run of luck is appaling. He was the only driver who could of genuinely challenged Wheldon for the win but thanks to that idiot Matsuura taking out Tomas and 6 or 7 others, it became another wrecked car day for Tomas Scheckter.

Overall a decent race but in this series the Honda is the engine to have and Andretti/Green racing is the team to be driving for it was good to see the Chevrolet fast again and the Toyota powered Penske team looking strong aswell.

It should be a good season ahead with a competitive field and a few road courses mixed in with the ovals. The next race is on Saturday 19th March on the mile oval in Phoenix and is live on Sky Sports Xtra. All of the races are on Sky and most of them are live and if they are not live they are shown on a delayed basis.

Nascar is great aswell. Is it on any other station apart from NASN?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Totally agree fella. Matsuura was so funny when they interviewed him. He knew he'd messed up but just sort of said 'someone just hit me'.....muppet.

Cant wait for the integration of the circuits, Road America is a great track. I think Wheldon was a late starter last season and could have won it. I wish Hornish had a better car, he reminds me of Montoya in the Champ Cars the way he used to hassle everyone trying to pass.

Hoping to get to the race at Kansas in the summer if I pray very hard, went to two champ car races previously in the Uk and although overtaking was limited with the 'square' oval at Rockingham it was one of the most amazing experiences ive ever seen.

Roll on the next race....sod the F1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Oh yeah Kansas would be a great race to check out. If my memorie serves me correctly that was one of the best races of last season with a photo finish between Rice and Miera? I myself hope someday in the future to go to the Indy 500 providing that I can come up with an obscene amount of cash!

• Advertisement
Advertisement