Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US of A !!

Options
  • 15-08-2001 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭

This is a transcript of the ACTUAL radio coversation between a US Naval ship and the Canadians - off the coast of Newfoundland dated Oct 95.

CANADIANS: Please divert your course 15 degrees to the South to avoid collision.

AMERICANS: Recommend you divert your course 15 degrees to the North to avoid collision.

CANADIANS: Negative. You must divert your course 15 degrees South to avoid collision.

AMERICANS: This is the Captain of a U S Navy ship. I say again - divert YOUR course.

CANADIANS: Negative - I say again YOU MUST divert your course.

AMERICANS: THIS IS THE AIRCRAFT CARRIER USS LINCOLN - UNITED STATES ATLANTIC FLEET. WE ARE ACCOMPANIED BY 3 DESTROYERS, 3 CRUISERS WITH FULL AERIAL SUPPORT. I DEMAND THAT YOU CHANGE YOUR COURSE 15 DEGREES NORTH- I SAY AGAIN 15 DEGREES NORTH OR COUNTER MEASURES WILL BE UNDERTAKEN TO ENSURE THE SAFETY OF THIS GROUP.

CANADIANS: We are a lighthouse - your call.

Comments

Advertisement