Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gazza Moore..

Options
  • 07-03-2005 1:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭

What ever happened to the great Gary Moore? Haven't heard anything about him gigging in ages. Just reminiscing here listening to some of his old stuff, Empty Rooms, Still Go The Blues and Parisienne Walkways with Phil'o. Saw him in SFX once and swore I'd go again if he returned here in the future but alas... :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭toffo

He released an album last year called Power of the Blues, with Bob Daisley of Ozzy fame on bass.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Guru Maith Agut

toffo wrote:
    He released an album last year called Power of the Blues, with Bob Daisley of Ozzy fame on bass.

I must give an auld google for that so and check out the sound. Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

...and prior to that he released a great album called 'Scars' with Darrin Mooney from Primal Scream on drums and the bass player from Skunk Anansie (Cass Lewis I think his name is). He's very active indeed, you must be living under a rock? ;):p

Doctor J wrote:
    ...and prior to that he released a great album called 'Scars' with Darrin Mooney from Primal Scream on drums and the bass player from Skunk Anansie (Cass Lewis I think his name is). He's very active indeed, you must be living under a rock? ;):p

Haven't heard anything about him gigging in ages

As you may have read... I did say he hadn't gigged and not that he hadn't been active recording and producing material. But thanks for the info DJ :eek: :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Droogie

He supported Bob Dylan in Galway last summer...

Very enjoyable - best artist on the bill that day! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

And he was supposed to support Whitesnake when they played here a short while back but pulled out the day before, some hand injury or other. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Jefferson Darcy

I'm a huge fan, more so of the blues stuff. Have always wondered why he was never really rated in Ireland - for me he is one of the top 10 guitarists. Would love to see him live...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I'm a huge fan, more so of the blues stuff. Have always wondered why he was never really rated in Ireland - for me he is one of the top 10 guitarists. Would love to see him live...

He is indeed an excellent guitarist, but the sad fact is that he's talented, and music in Ireland is ruled by Louis Walsh and his army of talentless Take That clones. If Louis was around in the 70's, Thin Lizzy would never have released a record, and instead, we'd have a handfull of Monkees clones that dominated all music.

Recognition for talent here in Ireland is like asking the Pope to attend a Motorhead concert.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Doctor J wrote:
    And he was supposed to support Whitesnake when they played here a short while back but pulled out the day before, some hand injury or other. :p

that was some gig. ;)

that was some gig. ;)

Indeed it was. I couldn't talk for two days after as I sung my lungs out all night. Please sir, can I have some more :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

the scars album is fantastic, i lost mine

dimerocks wrote:
    the scars album is fantastic, i lost mine

How do you lose an album?? Stupid question I'm sure when I hear the answer.. You probably brought it to a party and it was gone when you went to look for it...? Considering you bought it originally I feel you would be entitled to download it all again from t'internet. I mean that's what its here for (kinda) :D

Advertisement