Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

You're a star

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

I personally think that The McCauls song is perfect for Eurovision. Its catchy, lively, and very upbeat. We got nowhere last year with a ballad so I think its very apparent that we need something like Brodericks "Love?". Also the Irish dance bit in the middle should go down well with the rest of Europe.

I say ye stop with the criticism, and see how far they get on, in farness they have been given the oppurtunity to represent ireland (which I'm sure not many posters here would have the balls to do)..... let them do that, if they fail, well, far enough, at least they tried.

If you ask me they'll get alot further this year than Chris Doran did last year.

memphis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

memphis wrote:
    If you ask me they'll get alot further this year than Chris Doran did last year.

i doubt it. chris doran got to perform at the eurovision. i cant see those two even making it out of the qualifiers.

win win for rte though.they made roughly 600 grand from the phonecalls last night which they definately wont have to reinvest in hosting the eurovision next year. shrewd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I can see them getting into the top 3-5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

i know i started this thread but some ppl are taking it way 2 serious. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

As crap as the song is I can see them getting on well, and won't ye all be quiet them. I'll go along with Ryan Tubriodys description of the fella of the Mccauls:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Telefís

I can see them doing fairly well - it all hangs on the performance and choreography of the singers and that bizarre Irish jig scene.
    As for winning the final final - it's possible...

Even if we do get lumped with staging it, the funding proceedures have changed in recent years so the host country at most has to pay 40%-50% of the total cost.
    The big EBU members of Ger, UK Fr & Spain generally pay for most of it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭elvis2002

are they knackers??? just wondering.... England have a great chance to win this year, they got a good song, a sexy lady who can sing. Works for me. Ireland have two spanners. They will get destroyed at eurovision. Dont forget that countries that are not in the qualifiers are not allowed to vote, ie england cant save us.This means that all the block voting will be going on. I have to laugh when I hear people going on about how ireland are going to win it. What planet are they on? These are the same people who thought Mickey joe and Chris were onto a winning formula too. Ireland wont get more than 10 points. They wont get into the eurovision because quite frankly no other country will vote ireland. End of Story. Everything linda martin said in the paper today is spot on and then 2fm radio presenters have a go at her and say silly things like "who is she", she won the bloody thing and came 2nd ffs, she knows more than joe off the street about eurovision.

We should be sending pop stars in fairness not school children.

elvis2002 wrote:
    are they knackers??? just wondering.... England have a great chance to win this year, they got a good song, a sexy lady who can sing. Works for me. Ireland have two spanners. They will get destroyed at eurovision. Dont forget that countries that are not in the qualifiers are not allowed to vote, ie england cant save us.This means that all the block voting will be going on. I have to laugh when I hear people going on about how ireland are going to win it. What planet are they on? These are the same people who thought Mickey joe and Chris were onto a winning formula too. Ireland wont get more than 10 points. They wont get into the eurovision because quite frankly no other country will vote ireland. End of Story. Everything linda martin said in the paper today is spot on and then 2fm radio presenters have a go at her and say silly things like "who is she", she won the bloody thing and came 2nd ffs, she knows more than joe off the street about eurovision.

We should be sending pop stars in fairness not school children.

spot on elvis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

You're all completely missing the point. RTE have decided to play the 'My Lovely Horse' card yet again when it comes to trying to win the Eurovision.

I will not, and could not, look at the Eurovision this year with those two Muppets representing our country. Just imagine the sexy young things the UK, Holland, Israel and France will present while we shove out a lad that looks like he should be working behind a till at Supervalu and the orthodontist's wet-dream that is his sister.

To paraphrase Auden, come friendly bombs, and rain down on Athlone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

lads and lassies relax, tis only the eurovision.I doubt we will do well though.Oh well RTE made a packet yet again surprise surprise. I wonder will she get her teeth done now, prepare the dentist lol.
    Its obvious RTE arent trying to win the competition anymore, costs too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

I've been hearing the song over and over on the radio the last few days... Is it just me, or does it sound like it was written with ringtone sales in mind?

I've been hearing the song over and over on the radio the last few days... Is it just me, or does it sound like it was written with ringtone sales in mind?

"love can make u sad"
    "love can make u cry"
    "love can make u angry"
    "love can make u deaf"
    Its written by that ultra annoying gay tv3 breakfast presenters boyfriend.
    (so you know its good :p )

maybe we should send a nokia mobile phone complete with custom tricolour shell to represent us in eurovision?

Advertisement