Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

toyoda

Options
  • 16-08-2001 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭

Panama City, FL - A former Hooters waitress has sued the restaurant where she worked, saying she was promised a new Toyota for winning a beer sales contest. Instead, she said, she won a new toy Yoda - the little green guy from the Star Wars movies.
    Jodee Berry, 26, won a contest to see who could sell the most beer in April at the Hooters in Panama City Beach. She said the top-selling waitresses from each Hooters restaurant in the area were entered into a draw and her name was picked. She believed she'd won a new car. She was blindfolded and led to the restaurant parking lot, but when her blindfold was removed she found she was the winner not of a Toyota, but a toy Yoda doll.
    Inside the restaurant, the manager was laughing, Berry said. She wasn't. "A corporation can't lead their employees on like that," Berry said. "It's not good business ethics. They can't do that to people."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

lol?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

i would laugh...if it was funny :/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,579 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I thought it was funny smile.gif

gg

Even though I was their captive, the Indians allowed me quite a bit of freedom. I could walk freely, make my own meals, and even hurl large rocks at their heads. It was only later that I discovered that they were not Indians at all but only dirty-clothes hampers.

Advertisement