Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

CD Player display

Options
  • 07-03-2005 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭

My car currently has a radio/ tape player, and I'd like to upgrade to a CD Player.
    The player is the one that originally came with the car (2001 Seat Leon), the display (usually the name of the radio station) shows up on the main radio, but also on the dash underneath the speedometer.
    What I would like to know is: is it possible to get a new CD player, and set it up so the display wwill still show up both on the actual CD Player, and under the speedo?
    I have done a search, and it seems some higher end Kenwood models have something called an OEM display output, which may or may not be what I need.
    I would also really like a very basic CD-player - nothing fancy that would attract thieves...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭edmund_f

just a thought, perhaps a trawl through the breakers yard for a Leon which had a cd player factory fitted?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Also search for the Toledo as they are the same as the Leon, just have a boot.

Just another thing, didn't VW fit Blaukpunt (spelt wrong?) radios across all their cars so you may be able to get something on the net on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭edmund_f

thought balupunkt was standard in a lot of cars, just rebadged, the VW and also Ford?... methinks another trip to bluespot.co.uk may be in order..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭fjon

I know Blaupunkt do VW, but I have a feeling the Seat ones are Grundig, although I could be wrong...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I've an Audi A4,it shows the Radio Station or CD track on the dash.
    AFAIK it's a Grundig,badged Audi Concert,if you could get one it might fit the Seat

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
Advertisement