Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AMD Turion 64 2800+

Options
  • 07-03-2005 11:36am
    Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭

I have seen screens of the new AMD 64 mobile chips in action. Running on socket 754 the 1.6Ghz clock speed was nothing too exciting but they did have 1MB cache.

Where it gets interesting was the the fact that it uses 90nm technology as well as strained silicon. Now here is the funny thing its 25watt chip with a stock voltage of 1.4v CPU had a multiplyer of 8 (don't know if its locked) so he upped the htt to 250 (i.e 2.0Ghz) but he started dropping the voltage. All the way to 1.05v.

Pretty impressive stuff.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Linky?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

Azza wrote:
    I have seen screens of the new AMD 64 mobile chips in action. Running on socket 754 the 1.6Ghz clock speed was nothing too exciting but they did have 1MB cache.

Where it gets interesting was the the fact that it uses 90nm technology as well as strained silicon. Now here is the funny thing its 25watt chip with a stock voltage of 1.4v CPU had a multiplyer of 8 (don't know if its locked) so he upped the htt to 250 (i.e 2.0Ghz) but he started dropping the voltage. All the way to 1.05v.

Pretty impressive stuff.

Sounds really cool, when are they available?

• Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭Azza

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

They use a very similar process to that used in IBM PPC970fxes don't they?

• Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭Azza

They use a very similar process to that used in IBM PPC970fxes don't they?

No idea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭BabyEater

It would be a similar process alright. I ma looking forward to the Venice 939 CPU's as SS is suppposed to help the overclocks a bit.

Advertisement