Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Frontman?

Options
  • 07-03-2005 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭

Ok, who is the best frontman of all time? Jagger? Mercury? Rose? Daltery? Plant? Place your bets now please.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Of all time or of any specific genre of music? Otherwise you are going to get a wide range of "frontmen"

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭deedee lepoopoo

Rock 'n roll so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

I would have to go with Jagger. I'm not a Stones fan but that guy IMO is the definition of how to be a frontman. Few connect with a crowd, have confidence, sing great and has a presence on stage like Mick Jagger.

I think Morrissey is great aswell. He totally has that iconic messiah about him.

Daltery, Mercury great aswell. Strummer is another one.

Todays music I think Brandon Flowers from the Killers is fab aswell. Pete Doherty like Morrissey has that iconic messiah thing going on stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Id go for Murcury for that genre. But best front man Ive ever seen is undoubtably Alexi Laiho from Children of Bodom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Pete Doherty is an Iconic messiah?. You seriously need to lay off the babyshambles/libertines buzz man.
    the man is a symbol of everything thats wrong with music today. If you seen him on the street you'd cross the road, junkie knacker

• Advertisement

For me, THE frontman is Freddie Mercury - maybe because I grew up listening to a lot of Queen's music - but for me he symbolises everythng that a frontman should be - passionate about the lyrics he is singing, energetic towards the crowd and most of all - personable - interaction with a crowd - any decent frontman needs that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭eoin5

a dee daa dee da dae dooo.....
    Freddie Mercury of course, but Ed Vedder deserves a mention too.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭deedee lepoopoo

Jagger is indeed an all encompassing frontman. Ray Davies is the most charasmatic frontman though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭Baggio

Between : Ian Anderson of Jethro Tull and Freddie Mercury both stage athletes and both tottaly unique

ciao',,,Baggio...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

David Lee Roth. Sammy Hagar may be the technically better singer, but David had the cool sleazy stage presence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Shane MacGowan still gets the crowd going

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭wilkins

Shane McGowan gets the crowd going alright, by puking on the front row!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I'd tip my bonnet to Freddy Mercury alright. Although personally, I'd be looking at Brian May moreso.

And sure somebody has to mention the man, the legend, Lemmy from Motorhead.

bombidol wrote:
    Pete Doherty is an Iconic messiah?. You seriously need to lay off the babyshambles/libertines buzz man.
    the man is a symbol of everything thats wrong with music today. If you seen him on the street you'd cross the road, junkie knacker

Some buzz isn't it that its lasted three years. How is he the symbol of everything wrong with music today? Are you saying this because he takes drugs? Oh like drugs have never been present in rock and roll :rolleyes: I hope you enjoy the knock Pete down bandwagon but I've got news for you he is one of the true icons of todays music and if you want your clean cut 'rock stars' like Chris Martin then fine but Pete is going to be around for years to come.

Jim Morrison?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Deadnight

Too many, but I'll go with Alexi Laiho and Mike Patton.

Les Claypool's in there somewheres too :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

Some buzz isn't it that its lasted three years. How is he the symbol of everything wrong with music today? Are you saying this because he takes drugs? Oh like drugs have never been present in rock and roll :rolleyes: I hope you enjoy the knock Pete down bandwagon but I've got news for you he is one of the true icons of todays music and if you want your clean cut 'rock stars' like Chris Martin then fine but Pete is going to be around for years to come.
    For me it wouldn't be the drugs that put me off Doherty but the fact that he ransacked the house of one of his ex bandmates and he comes across just as a general scumbag.

Best frontman....I quite like Thom Yorke myself

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Pugsley wrote:
    Id go for Murcury for that genre. But best front man Ive ever seen is undoubtably Alexi Laiho from Children of Bodom.
    ooh a children of bodom fan! we're a rare breed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Iggy Pop for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Ilac

mmm... Thom Yorke.... He sort of lacks communication skills on stage though...

Mark Knopfler is a great Frontman.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Scratch Acid

David Yow from The Jesus Lizard.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭toffo

For a rock band.... Jim Morrison or Freddie Mercury

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Alice Cooper for me....Pure Enjoyment

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

Okay Jim Morrison, Freddy Mercury, Alice Cooper, Thom Yorke (lacks communication skills - as someone already said. A very subtle frontman, perhaps that what makes him stand out).

I would have to say Manson here as well, his stage antics and presence mirrors that as a culmination of Iggy, Alice Cooper and Jim Morrison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Pinhead

Bon Scott. Without a doubt in the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 FG

King Mercury.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 573 ✭✭✭The jock

Jeff buckley,shannon hoon,glen hansard

• Advertisement

The jock wrote:
    glen hansard

bwhahahahahahahaha

Oh wait, you're being serious

bwhahahahahahahahahaha

Advertisement