Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Frontman?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Cornell.
    Nothing better than a bit of chris.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Gota be Freddie. He is like a personification of my life's philosophy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭b0bsquish

David Yow from The Jesus Lizard.

now thats more like it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 SaXont

Gonna have to say Robert Plant.Also gotta say Philip anselmo was a great frontman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Droogie

Slurms wrote:
    ooh a children of bodom fan! we're a rare breed.

Pity - The ****ING RULE! Great band...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,586 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Dave Mustaine is usually a twat but i thought he was pretty good back in february. But Freddie is the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

3 words - Maynard James Keenan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

Can't believe I forgot to mention Biafra from Dead Kennedys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Drevin Fairy

Freddy Mercury
    or...... Bon Scott
    Jim Morrison was cool too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Seaneh wrote:
    Cornell.
    Nothing better than a bit of chris.

Damn right!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭superconor

For good old Rock N Roll and classic rock, id have to say Freddie Murcury. Excellent singer, great showmanship and a real talent for getting the crowd going.

For metal, id have to say Bruce Dickinson (brilliant singer and great with the crowd. "Scream For Me Dublin!") or Phil Anselmo (unbeleivable energy).

Rock On Teh Frontmenz0rs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Stroller_burn

Freddie Mercury. That sister could sing like a mofo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Jim_Are_Great

At the risk of sounding mainstreamy, surely Keidis deserves a mention. Or at least an arguement.

And Cobain. Someone had to say it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

And Cobain. Someone had to say it.

Maybe '87-90. Not after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭hawkmoon269

Ok, who is the best frontman of all time? Jagger? Mercury? Rose? Daltery? Plant? Place your bets now please.

None of the above.

Bono is the best frontman of all time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

None of the above.

Bono is the best frontman of all time.

You're a funny guy!!! :D

suppactor-goodfellas.jpg

Mercury is the man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭hawkmoon269

D!ve^Bomb! wrote:
    You're a funny guy!!! :D

Bono is God. I am just a vehicle for his message.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭deedee lepoopoo

Bono is God. :D

God of what? 'just for men' hair dye & pseudo west coast American accents? Sorry, he's not outrageous enough frontaman material, IMHO.

What about Michael Hutchence?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Methinks Steven Tyler deserves a mention too. Absolute madman on stage,for an auld lad

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Pugwash

It never ceases to amaze me how much bono is ignored in these conversations. When he's dead he'll be an automatic 'given' for everyone talking about said topic. It's no accident that U2 are still able to sell 170k tickets in less than an hour IN IRELAND.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Pugwash wrote:
    It's no accident that U2 are still able to sell 170k tickets in less than an hour IN IRELAND.

No, it's just good business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 deise boy

The best frontman of all time is prob and almost definetely in my opinion Jay K from jamouriquai.

Hear me out. Front man as in performance, the man can dance better than any metaler! He can also sing like james brown but unlike james brown he writes all the music and he owns a ferrari, lambourgini and a ford GTO (the fastest production car in the world except the maclaren F1 but that isnt produced anymore so its now the fastest).

Point proven, the finished article and while there are others who are better writers, players, singers etc you cant say ogh John lennon because he wasnt a front man. The beatles were a band with "two leaders" i.e. lennon and mccartney!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

deise boy wrote:
    he owns a ferrari, lambourgini and a ford GTO (the fastest production car in the world except the maclaren F1 but that isnt produced anymore so its now the fastest).

What exactly does any of that have to do with being a frontman?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 deise boy

Some front men are dry ****s, hence for someone to be the best front man ver they must be more than just the music other wise it could be computer simulated. Personality!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

Ian Curits,John King and Fergahal McKee would be my favourites

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Pugwash

No, it's just good business.

Of course it is, but it is not the sole reason that such a feat was possible. I was implying that the fact that u2 put on a great show is the main reason this happened, and needless to say, bono is the main catalist in creating the amazing live atmosphere and show.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Aaaw Mercury *yaaaaaaaaaawn*

Jeff Walker is the man of the hour 'as in Ex-Carcass' lovely lad :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

I'd say Prince. He dances better than any front man I've ever seen. Plays all instruments exceptionally well. Gets the crowd going big time... he even gets the crowd up onstage and dances with them.

Honourable mentions to Freddy Mercury, Jim Morrison and Elvis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Poz3D

Ph3n0m wrote:
    bwhahahahahahahaha

Oh wait, you're being serious

bwhahahahahahahahahaha
    Despite your mocking, I'll have to agree with 'The Jock', Glen Hansard is a good front man. He has lots of charisma and is able to work the crowd. I still wouldn't rate him as high as Freddie Mercury or Bono though.

Advertisement